NOS GM rear filler

Anyone planning to make GM reproduction rear bumper fillers? I don't mean fiberglass ones that are currently being made. It seems almost all cars even garage queens these are bad or going bad on. Seems like there would be a market for factory replacements that look original.

Any info would be appreciated, Craig

Anyone planning to make GM reproduction rear bumper fillers? I don't mean fiberglass ones that are currently being made. It seems almost all cars even garage queens these are bad or going bad on. Seems like there would be a market for factory replacements that look original.

Any info would be appreciated, Craig

Rick hunt and I have been working on this project as we speak-------been working on it for a little while but it is a big project$$$--------repros are going to be better than the originals------will be done by a process known as RIM (reaction injection molding)-------the rim process produces parts that are dimensionally stable, wear resistant, physically tough and chemically stable-------they will not rot like the originals------they are paintable and FLEXIBLE so your fenders are protected in the event of a fender bender unlike if the fillers are made of fiberglass or ABS-------they will be one piece just like the originals-----this process is used to make bumpers etc on some cars-------to create the molds we are digitally scanning an actual car with a new set of original fillers-----then those files are smoothed to eliminate the distortions that are inherent in the original fillers------these will actually fit and look better than the originals yet be flexible-------this process allows for different wall thickness throughout the part so we can thicken the area where they attach so metal reinforcements aren't required like in the originals-------price will be a little more than aftermarket types that are presently available but less than the GM parts ended up being toward the end--------considering this is the last set you will ever need that will make them a bargain--------and they are going to start out black since all my cars are black (whats with the grey anyhow)---------our plan is to have them available in time for the Turbo Buick Nationals in March................RC

--------and they are going to start out black since all my cars are black (whats with the grey anyhow)---------

This may sound like a silly question, but if you install them on a black car wouldn't you still want to paint it black to make it match & look authentic?
After all, weren't all original fillers painted body color when the factory assembled them.

This may sound like a silly question, but if you install them on a black car wouldn't you still want to paint it black to make it match & look authentic?
After all, weren't all original fillers painted body color when the factory assembled them.

of course they need to be painted-------but when imperfections happen from rock chips etc they are less annoying if the underlying color is the same as the paint...........RC

of course they need to be painted-------but when imperfections happen from rock chips etc they are less annoying if the underlying color is the same as the paint...........RC

These fillers sound like they're going to be the "Cat's Meow".
Please keep us posted Richard.

Front gm bumper fillers forsale since this thread won't die, which was my fault :rolleyes: Kirbans selling for $219 for 2 , some say they bought fronts for $100
Make me a offer for both

Rick hunt and I have been working on this project as we speak-------been working on it for a little while but it is a big project$$$--------repros are going to be better than the originals------will be done by a process known as RIM (reaction injection molding)-------the rim process produces parts that are dimensionally stable, wear resistant, physically tough and chemically stable-------they will not rot like the originals------they are paintable and FLEXIBLE so your fenders are protected in the event of a fender bender unlike if the fillers are made of fiberglass or ABS-------they will be one piece just like the originals-----this process is used to make bumpers etc on some cars-------to create the molds we are digitally scanning an actual car with a new set of original fillers-----then those files are smoothed to eliminate the distortions that are inherent in the original fillers------these will actually fit and look better than the originals yet be flexible-------this process allows for different wall thickness throughout the part so we can thicken the area where they attach so metal reinforcements aren't required like in the originals-------price will be a little more than aftermarket types that are presently available but less than the GM parts ended up being toward the end--------considering this is the last set you will ever need that will make them a bargain--------and they are going to start out black since all my cars are black (whats with the grey anyhow)---------our plan is to have them available in time for the Turbo Buick Nationals in March................RC

SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can tell you from buying parts cars i maybe get 1 good bumper filler per car. rear fillers are almost always blown out! fronts seem to hold up better.i got a fleet of cars that i am fixing and most need rear fillers.

Any updates on these fillers??