NOS 9 Hole Hood Pad

the missing 9th hole on the 8 hole pads is located at the rear center of the hood pad

the ones the dealer sells are 8 hole and have no printing since about four years ago
those 8 hole version with printing are getting rare , as mentioned 9 hole originals are very rare these days as they havent been available since 2000 or so
GM never changed the part # so the 9hole , 8 hole and the 8hole without script all carry the same gm part # on the box

and just because you dont have the pockets for one doesnt mean he cant set the price wherever he wants , they arent making them anymore and for the guy who needs a correct restoration part its still cheap , have you priced a set of rear fillers lately

lol ^^^^^

but what really bother's me i just gave one away to my buddy he's probably laughing his ass off!! it was used but in mint condition he gave me $50 for gas lolololol :eek:

lol ^^^^^

but what really bother's me i just gave one away to my buddy he's probably laughing his ass off!! it was used but in mint condition he gave me $50 for gas lolololol :eek:
lol ^^^^^

lol ^^^^^

Now thats funny lol

Even in awesome shape, a used one is worth a fraction of NOS. Because everyone's definition of "mint" is different.

All I can say is WOW!! If everyone thinks it is overpriced dont buy it. If you want to put a plain pad and have a screen print put on it for forty dollars why not go ahead and get a 200 dollar paint job in the process. As people have mentioned these are rare and make the car ORIGINAL because some people want that. Sorry to have offended a lot of you. I could have put free just pay shipping and someone would have complained. If you dont like the price dont buy it. If you search some old threads you will see the price is not way out of line.
Rick

Why do moderators allow free-for-alls in sale threads? They are for buying or selling, not conversations and opinions.

All I can say is WOW!! If everyone thinks it is overpriced dont buy it. If you want to put a plain pad and have a screen print put on it for forty dollars why not go ahead and get a 200 dollar paint job in the process. As people have mentioned these are rare and make the car ORIGINAL because some people want that. Sorry to have offended a lot of you. I could have put free just pay shipping and someone would have complained. If you dont like the price dont buy it. If you search some old threads you will see the price is not way out of line.
Rick[/quote

It's only a problem when someone tries to get over on the average car guy. Sure the "9 hole" has been discontinued but price it fair! No one is looking to pay your mortgage for a hood pad, wtf. Just sayin

P.S. The JO on ebay has been trying to sell his for a looooooong time. He can ask any price, but someone has to be willing to consentual rape.

This is so true. If the price is too high and you want it make an offer and quit crying about what someone wants for a part that was bought in 1987 and is still in the original box.

Yeah but if it was on here for less than the going rate, someone on here would snag it up and relist it for profit. You know how I know this? Had it happen to me. More than one buyer has relisted my stuff for a profit.

DONE! with this thread. Tried to defend the seller and the free market system, hope it's not considered pissing on the thread...

I would just like to apologize to the seller it's not like me to do this . I understand the sellers comments , the man trying to sell a part . I meant no disrespect at all . Sorry Rick :) . Glws .