norwalk

rudyttype

Well fri was a bad day for me in the tsm running. I lost my tranny and lost first round then the day brightened up when my ohio friends came by the trailer and made a phone call to Janis racing transmissions in Akron. I spoke with Vince the owner and arranged to have the old beast fixed on sat. so with the tranny fixed we were back on to run sun the first pass off the trailer she ran a personal and family best with a stock block 10.29 Big and special thanks to all involved with the event turned out to be a great weekend. If anyone needs trans or motor work contact my good friends in ohio. sure is great to have friends like them. real glad to be one of the gang.peace out bret rudbeck ps. if anyone was there and filming or taking pictures sun first round of q 16 qualifing and has a pic of my car i need to speak with ya its a white ttype thanks cya in B G Bret Rudbeck

Good to hear that you had the better luck with you by Friday. I wasn't so lucky. Just before loading up the TSM car Thursday, I drove it around the block and a Klunk developed. I didn't get it figured out in time for Norwalk, so SLOW V6 did the duty of collecting TSM Show-Up points. Saturday morning the problem was found to be a misaligned tranny due to the 1st time use of the factory exhaust hangar. It elevated the trans enough to make the U-joints occasionally go klunk!

I too was able to bring my TSM car up for the races on Sunday. On the 1st pass something went wrong before the 1,000 foot mark. I stayed in it through the quarter (with the car jerking to a 11.0 at 122). As soon as I let out of it, the vacuum reading started dancing. Knowing my luck with headgaskets, I assumed that was the problem and trailered it to watch the racing...somehow missing your S16 pass.

That night I started to tear down the top half of the motor for BG. Removed the first valve cover and lo and behold a roller rocker stud had backed out of its threads. 5 minutes later the rocker was fixed and the car running well. Serves me right for not checking things out at the track.:rolleyes:

Congrats Brett! It'll be fun watching you run with Bamford and Garcia next week! :cool:

I was on my way to Cedar Point amusement park for opening day with my girlfriend. We were spending the night in a hotel saturday night in Sandusky. I saw atleast five Buicks on trailers. I was so excited. I was drooling and all of that. I saw one going back towards michigan on sunday. I woke my girlfriend up and had her take a picture of it while it was in line at the toll place. I also think that i saw Eric Schertz on saturday. It was a white t-type on a trailer. I think the car had NY tags. It said Dynotech all over it and the one guy had a Dynotech jacket on. Although i didn't make it to the race i was so glad to see some sweet Buicks!!!!

Scott

thanks Scott but dont forget about Jason I heard hes gonna set another record for us all to chase. maybe 9.50 range just a rumor I heard in the pits. well good luck to all and cya in B G peace Bret Rudbeck

Hey Bret, Congrats once again on that 10.29! That is one nasty 60 foot:eek: I wish I could have seen the pass but I didn't get there till after 10:00. If I find a pic of the pass I will send it your way. L8R Bill Greathouse

Originally posted by rudyttype
thanks Scott but dont forget about Jason I heard hes gonna set another record for us all to chase. maybe 9.50 range just a rumor I heard in the pits.
Jason Cramer is not coming to Bowling Green this year. He informed me that he and his wife are expecting baby #2 this Spring.

Scott,\
When i spoke to Jason originally he stated that he wasnt coming. Then last Tuesday or so Hartline called me and stated that he was indeed coming and hed even reserved a RV spot at the campground next to him....has this changed since?

I last talked to Jason a month ago. So your information may very well be newer than mine. Call him if you are "concerned":cool: :D

Concerned???? LOL ! You are funny but u should stick to being mean! :D ;)