North Alabama TR's

show

I wont have the gn going, i'll bring the roadster if thats ok with you guys. It will be nice to meet some of you too.

Nope only place I've taken it was the Ardmore show and short trips around the house here in Madison :)

I'm in Harvest, not far from 72 and Wall Triana. I have the Danville cruise in penciled in on my calendar :)

I live in Monrovia near Bishop Farms. We need to get together sometime. The DQ drive-in on the first Wednesday is a good place to show our cars. I'll be there with the 87 on September 5th. Stop by if you'd like to see a 700+ hp V6 up close.

Frank

Got any pics of that St2 FGORDON? Man you got the best of both worls 2 Vettes and 2 Tr's! Thats crazy!

Guys I would be willing to bring my car up this DQ deal may work if I am off work.

Actually the C6 Roadster belongs to my wife, I just get to clean it.:smile:

Attachments

• 000_0416ep.JPG
    000_0416ep.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 176
I live in Monrovia near Bishop Farms. We need to get together sometime. The DQ drive-in on the first Wednesday is a good place to show our cars. I'll be there with the 87 on September 5th. Stop by if you'd like to see a 700+ hp V6 up close.

Frank

DQ has largely been taken over by one of the local ricer clubs ACCTC and has gone downhill fast. Lots of complaints about blocking traffic and loud stereos.

We're trying to start a new monthly meetup at the Sonic on Moores Mill Rd. I THINK that the next one is like SEPT 6. If your there with a custom/car hotrod Sonic gives out discounts and they turn up with a few door prizes as well.

Free food.

DQ has largely been taken over by one of the local ricer clubs ACCTC and has gone downhill fast. Lots of complaints about blocking traffic and loud stereos.

We're trying to start a new monthly meetup at the Sonic on Moores Mill Rd. I THINK that the next one is like SEPT 6. If your there with a custom/car hotrod Sonic gives out discounts and they turn up with a few door prizes as well.

Free food.

I like rice... topped with raw fish with a hot sake chaser ;)

We should crash the ricer party at DQ with some good old fashioned American muscle, I can let my wife drive my GN and I'll drive my truck, we don't have to mention I also have a GVR4 in the driveway back home :D

I like the sound of free food of course!

Free food.

The DQ in Madison is mostly Mustangs and Corvettes. The cruise is sponsored by the Mustang club here. I don't know what DQ you've been going to but I've never heard any stereos being played at the Madison DQ. There are usually other cars including a (very) few TR's and old customs there but I've seen few "Ricers" as you call it. The Sonic here in Madison tried the free food cruise and there just isn't enough room. It turned into one big "goat rope". I think most of the guys who went to Sonic won't be going back.
The Backyard Burgers in Athens is a great place for a cruise-in. Plenty of parking lots of cars (mainly Corvettes) on the second Thursday of each month. That or the Decatur Steak N Shake on the third Saturday of each month would also be a good place to show our cars and get together. There are loads of cruises and cruise nights in the area just check out the "Just Kruzin", "Vets with Vettes", or "Rocket City Mustang" websites to name a few. Most of the sites support the other clubs activities by posting on their calendar.

BTW - Does anyone recognize the engine in the post above?

Yes isn"t that the car off pinks! Nguyen's car from Texas?? You lucky devil!

Bingo! We just picked it up a couple of weeks ago. John had put a bigger turbo on it so we're doing some tuning on Friday night at Huntsville. Dusty is going to help us (I hope he's going to keep us from turning the engine into a big hand grenade). The car still has the #83 injectors so with the bigger turbo there is a real chance of it going severe lean without some expert tuning.

Hey I tell you what forget the cruise I want a ride in a Z06 and a St 2 GN just think of me as a car fanatic in the "Make a Wish Foundation"! You got a nice car there I remember seeing all the pics where he put that motor together in his garage and the computerized 4L80E he's got in it is just awesome. Do you plan on carryingit to t he track there in Huntsville or maybe 1/4 mi in Steele?

It really blows that huntsvillecarscene.com went down, I emailed Samir several times with offers of free hosting for the site if that is all he needed to keep it online, that BS about the DB tuning and crap just sounded bogus to me, he was running VB it shouldn't have been too hard to "tune" it. It was nice to have a central spot to search and read up on all the different clubs and activities and stuff.

I'll be making a note of all these cruise-ins to try and check them out sometimes.

It really blows that huntsvillecarscene.com went down, I emailed Samir several times with offers of free hosting for the site if that is all he needed to keep it online, that BS about the DB tuning and crap just sounded bogus to me, he was running VB it shouldn't have been too hard to "tune" it. It was nice to have a central spot to search and read up on all the different clubs and activities and stuff.

I'll be making a note of all these cruise-ins to try and check them out sometimes.

Yes, I haven't seen Samir around as much as I used to. Maybe he decided to move on. It was a great site.

Hey I tell you what forget the cruise I want a ride in a Z06 and a St 2 GN just think of me as a car fanatic in the "Make a Wish Foundation"! You got a nice car there I remember seeing all the pics where he put that motor together in his garage and the computerized 4L80E he's got in it is just awesome. Do you plan on carryingit to t he track there in Huntsville or maybe 1/4 mi in Steele?

We're at Huntsville this Friday night for "Test-n-Tune" :)

Huntsville Drag Strip I take it? What time Friday night? I might drop by, got a bday party for my nephew to go to so it's iffie at best :)

How late you reckon you'll be there? My nephew is turning 9 so his party won't drag on much past 8PM I'm sure.

I don't know but I expect we'll be there long enough to get in 5 or 6 passes. With cool down you're lookin at 3-4 hours.