Nonlockup Freshened 2004r $2,500

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
UPDATE 11/14 - SOLD

One of the latest 2004r cases ever on this one, from a caddy I believe, which means it has more reinforcements on the back of it, BRF valve body and rest of internals from a 115k mile stock Turbo T I bought out of back in 2001 that sat around until now. I finally got my trans guy to put this backup unit together for me and made it a non-lock unit so I could go for a PTC nlu converter. But, like anything, it is for sale now. It's not a full on 100% race unit that will knock the coffee right into the backseat on the 1-2 part throttle parking lot shift, but has all the goodies for street strip duty in a mostly street car. Get PTC nlu converter of your choice and be good to go.

Roller bearings, dual feed 3rd gear, billet forward drum, .500 valve, new bullet and oring for the speedo, has all the switches for everything to hook up to even though it won't lockup with the non-lock setup. Nice deep pan and custom bottom feed pickup as well, etc, etc, I'll post up pics of the goodies and build info. Shift kit, etc etc. He builds mine and JDsGNX 's Buick trans as well as others from around Florida, plus hot rods, 700's, T56's... For reference, My 200 he built hasn't been touched since 2011 and I just drove it to BG and back, running mid 10's, and avg 6.8 in the 8th mile for 3 days on a 1700 mile epic road trip. He knows his stuff.

In case you're wondering, the original case on my T, I snapped in half back in 2002, so I pirated this trans' case and the governor, hence had to buy a new case and governor and ended up with what we have here, but with all the BRF internals.
IMG_3608.JPG
IMG_3607.JPG
IMG_3608.JPG
IMG_3607.JPG

Last edited:
For $2900, I can convert it back to lockup and include my 3000 stall 9x11 PTS/PTC converter with 0 miles on rebuild.

Last edited:
What kind of power will this hold? Why is it being sold? I'm interested please put me in line?

Should be able to handle mid low 10's as it has the 3rd gear dual feed setup. It has all the same parts as my unit I've been running, with the exception of this unit still has the checkball for smoother parking lot light throttle 1-2 shifting and this one has the the .500 valve vs my .550 valve. The 550 shifts at 5800 vs 5500 or so I think is what it does.

My original plan, build this trans with simple rebuild as lockup, then throw in my car just so it can drive around town, while converting my current lockup unit to a full race with trans brake and go non-lock with a 9.5 PTC. Somewhere along the line, the plan changed to make the rebuild more beefier, deep pan, roller bearings, hardened drum, and go non-lock for a quick sale, but that deal fell through. So now I have no converter for the non-lock, I have a spare 9x11 lockup converter as well. I run a 3400 stall 9x11 currently. I want to sell one of these things to make the wife happy and the one that is brand new I thought would be easiest to move. I'm taking a loss at $2500 on this unit.

I'd install this unit in my car now and go non-lock, but I'd take another loss selling my other 2 9x11 converters and a "raced" 3 yr old 2004r lockup trans just to buy a 9.5 PTC converter for what will be mostly a street car, because I see less racing in my future. That's really the reason for selling, I only need one trans, having a backup just isn't necessary with the parts that are in these units.

The caddy pattern is BOP plus some. Has 10 bolt holes instead of just 6 that we use. Should bolt right up, not the same as a original gbody 2004r that we get with the BRF though.

Looks like shipping residential to residential is $600 from FL to CA. I've shipped FL to IN for $150 for my z06 trans to RPM, I just have to find those guys number and that was commercial to commercial locations. Do you have a commercial addy to ship to?