Non AC box pics... please???

Madcat455

True love
Hello,

Can anybody post/email me a pic of an engine bay with a standard non AC climate box??

I need to see how they're laid out... if it'll give me more room, or if I need to just delete everything (don't want to do that, I need to defog the windshield when it rains) if I have to.

any info on how difficult it would be to swap the AC box to a NON ac box would be very helpful too:biggrin:

Thanks!!

Is that yours??? If so, is that an aftermarket box, or OEM???

Looks like I'd have to replace everything on the inside as well...hmmm.

But it'd work for me, if that's aftermarket... any idea who's selling them, so I can check them out?

Thanks,

This kit is far from a direct replacment, leaves alot to be fabricated by yourself and hardly worth the work. Its simple to round up a g-body non ac box and such, I got mine for 175 complete and very nice. :D

how difficult was it to install??? did you have to switch anything out on the inside, or was it just the box on the outside?

I'm really trying to guage if I want to spend money on it, or just cover it up. Since it's a daily driver, I'm leaning towards doing it right.... but not if it's a major PITA to do:tongue: :tongue:

I lived in FL for 2yrs with a Buick 455 in a 84 Cutlass, with no climate controls at all... I can do it again:D (but would rather not)

I'm likeing the OEM setup... just looks "cleaner".

Looks like another email to Gbody is in order:p

Here is a picture of one in Lee Thompsons car its by American graffiti.

Attachments

• leo car 003 (Small).jpg
    leo car 003 (Small).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 156
OOP's the link above is to them. Same one I have just not motivated in pulling mine apart yet.

Steve

Here's some pictures from a Malibu.

Attachments

• Untitled-2 (Small).jpg
    Untitled-2 (Small).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Untitled-4 (Small).jpg
    Untitled-4 (Small).jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Untitled-6 (Small).jpg
    Untitled-6 (Small).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Untitled-8 (Small).jpg
    Untitled-8 (Small).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 129
My current project........,.hoses need some work:biggrin:

Attachments

• 100_1142.jpg
    100_1142.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_1143.jpg
    100_1143.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_1144.jpg
    100_1144.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_1145.jpg
    100_1145.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_1146.jpg
    100_1146.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 88
Paid $30 for the whole assembly at local pick-n-pull, out of an 84 olds cutlass.
Make sure you get the glove compartment box as well as they are different for the non a/c cars. Get one with a metal heat shield as well , some did not come with them.

Attachments

• 100_1147.jpg
    100_1147.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_1148.jpg
    100_1148.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_1149.jpg
    100_1149.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 81
You need to replace all of the in dash ducts with the non-a/c ducts, this was the hardest part as you have to almost pull the entire dash away from the windshield. Once done it fits nicely, lots of room for the THDP and even more room for taller valve covers if you want. Whole assembly takes about 30 minutes to pull out of the engine compartment if you want to do a head gasket or pull the motor. Try that with the A/C...........the only good way I found to get the old a/c box out was to carefully smash it into little bits to remove it. The last picture is the wiring harness that plugs into your factory dash harness...all plug and play.....and a lot less wires and crap under your dash. Whole thing weighs about 15 lbs compared to over 30 lbs for the a/c setup.

If you find one, I can put up some detailed instructions if needed:smile:

Thanks guys...

I just went ahead and orderd another AC box from Gbody... My goal is to eventually put AC back on it, and I didn't want to get into tearing apart the dash:redface:

Thanks for all the help... saved me alot of trouble:cool: