NO START

gnx139

Gave the car a bath last week and when I went to start it to pull it back into the garage, it won't start. It will turn over and run for a second then shut off. I have checked all of the fuses and do not see a problem. What else am I missing here guys? Please guide me in the right direction for what else to check.

If it starts for a second then you are getting fuel air and spark for a short time. Can you hear the fuel pump prime? Do you have pressure at the rail? Did you get the ECM wet when you washed the car?

Bryan

I did not get the engine wet or the ECM. I can hear the fuel pump priming like it normally does. The fuel pressure gauge shows normal fuel pressure.

You still need to verify injector pulse and spark. Its probably losing spark. Is there a gasket between the module and coil?

The car does not run more than half a second then goes dead. Not enough time to tap the MAF. And for Bison,,, yes there is a gasket between the module and the coil.

I have exact same problem. I am going with crank sensor. will report back when I can get it put on.

You washed the car, then it failed to keep running after the wash?
I'd check the air filter housing to see if you flooded it with water.
The air filter will get soaked with water and prevent enough air for idle.
I did this once when I flushed my cooling system.

if your fuel pressure shows good and holding, then supply isn't an issue. is it stumbling or smooth for the second it runs? water has a funny way of finding its way into ignition systems...coils, wires.....you need to do some basic diagnostics....check spark, injector pulse, scan tool....other than that, you've got those elusive Gremlins:D time to call ghostbusters......

Gave the car a bath last week and when I went to start it to pull it back into the garage, it won't start. It will turn over and run for a second then shut off. I have checked all of the fuses and do not see a problem. What else am I missing here guys? Please guide me in the right direction for what else to check.
Sounds like your chip has an anti theft sequence in it, but, I am sure you would know that.

It is a Turbo Tweak chip and I do not see an anti theft sequence in the instructions. Any additional info on this is welcomed. I have changed out the fuel pump relay and the MAF as well. Still no start. I'll look at the ignition tomorrow. Any other ideas??? :(

if your fuel pressure shows good and holding, then supply isn't an issue. is it stumbling or smooth for the second it runs? water has a funny way of finding its way into ignition systems...coils, wires.....you need to do some basic diagnostics....check spark, injector pulse, scan tool....other than that, you've got those elusive Gremlins:D time to call ghostbusters......
Have you checked any of this? fuel pressure gauge, spark tester, noid light...see what's dropping out.....

verify power to the ecm, I had one hell of a time diagnosing that problem.When it would sit for awhile it would start and run for a sec but die. I had fuel pressure at the rail(40psi) and had spark. When I sprayed ether into the throttle body it would run fine. I had no injector pulse just like bison had touched on. Its an orange wire on the passenger side engine bay. Just another variable to eliminate.

It is a Turbo Tweak chip and I do not see an anti theft sequence in the instructions. Any additional info on this is welcomed. I have changed out the fuel pump relay and the MAF as well. Still no start. I'll look at the ignition tomorrow. Any other ideas??? :(
Turbo Tweak chips can have an anti theft sequence, if you ordered it that way. That is what I have. If you ordered the chip, or, if you had the car running earlier with that chip, then you probably do not have anti theft. But, if this is the first time you have tried to start the car with this chip, then maybe. Contact Eric at Turbo Tweak, or, contact the previous owner of the chip, or, switch chips if this is the first time trying to start the car on this chip.