no spark

M

mark p. liner

tryed to start my car today after rebuld,no spark. could you guys give me some things i could look for?i set the cam sensor w/ a tool from caspers, seemed to work fine.also new coil pack,cam sensor,crank sensor. :confused: please help............GOD BLESS AMERICA

Welcome to the NO START club !

When I had no spark it was a bad crank sensor. I think the cam sens is responsible for the inj timing....right guys ? I got a new crank sensor and installed it...gotta gap it properly too...guys here say to use a matchbook cover to give you .025 gap. Has to be .025 away from the interruptor ring in order to function properly.

If not...try checking grounds...bunch on the bottom bolt of the A/C + ALT bracket and then those on the rear of the D/ side head and firewall comming outta the eng harness.

I freshened my grounds up with a dremel tool...cleaning both the ends of all the grounds and the spots they bolted to.

It could also be the module, coil or an imporper or insufficient ground for module. Chek that too. You say you have new coil, crank and cam sensors I see but that's just what I ran into with my no spark problem...now I have spark but no gas.....figures:rolleyes:

Cam sensor's main function is to locate the #1 cylinder for the ECM, to start the ignition and fuel injection sequence.

Orange ECM to battery wire hooked up, and tested the fusible link?

Check all the connectors, a little dirt goes a long way...

While you're at it, check the connectors for voltage...

Speaking of the crank sensor, if you didn't specifically notice how it came off, it can fool you as to how it goes back...The sensor has TWO aluminum tabs, and ONE black plastic tab. The black plastic tab is on the far outside edge. While it appears the trigger ring goes between the two aluminum tabs, IT DON'T...it goes between the black plastic tab and the aluminum tab next to it!

check the ecm fuse and also fuseable link orange wire start with the simple stuff

BFH, THE WAY YOU SAID TO PUT THE CRANK SENSOR WAS THE PROBLEM. PUT IT ON THE WAY YOU SAID AND IT STARTED UP. I CANT THANK YOU ENUF.;)