No power %#<>%~<€£~}<,<

gn_steve

boosted canadian
I just bought this 1987 gn its been restored from a to z but the guy must be a big 0 in electricity here are my problems!

First i have no power to the folowing
Powermaster
Blower motor
Under hood light
Horn
Trunk popper
I looked at the fuses and there all good for all those named above do they have a comon power source maybe?

Second problem cylinder 1-4 does not run injector signal was checked with noid light all is ok i changed the coil pack and the icm problem still present compresion is 155psi in all cylinders

Can anybody help me???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for the power feeds, look at the fusible links on the starter motor. the whole car is powered from the terminal on the starter where the battery cable hooks up, and there are a few different fusible links that supply power to different parts of the car.

spend a few bucks and get a decent test light, this will help you track down where you have power and where you don't.

I just bought this 1987 gn its been restored from a to z but the guy must be a big 0 in electricity here are my problems!

First i have no power to the folowing
Powermaster
Blower motor
Under hood light
Horn
Trunk popper
I looked at the fuses and there all good for all those named above do they have a comon power source maybe?

Second problem cylinder 1-4 does not run injector signal was checked with noid light all is ok i changed the coil pack and the icm problem still present compresion is 155psi in all cylinders

Can anybody help me???

So all this happened after you bought it and drove it home? Do you remember what accessorie you were using when the power went dead? I blew a fusible link when I was putting up my p/s window. All 3 links were crimped to one single wire which was attached to the starter. Lost power to the whole car when they separated from that one wire to the starter.

So all this happened after you bought it and drove it home? Do you remember what accessorie you were using when the power went dead? I blew a fusible link when I was putting up my p/s window. All 3 links were crimped to one single wire which was attached to the starter. Lost power to the whole car when they separated from that one wire to the starter.
No i bought it thAt way

But i have power to the electric windows i have power to the little light in the trunk all the lights work the power antenna does not work as the the doir locks as well!

You might want to pm a board member here who goes by RmvBfrFlght. He usually answers these sorts of questions. Good luck and let us know what you find!

X2 on fusible link. There are 2or3 of em down there. Just because some power accessories work doesn't mean that another fusible link is not burnt.

X2 on fusible link. There are 2or3 of em down there. Just because some power accessories work doesn't mean that another fusible link is not burnt.

What do you guys do usualy to change those? You put regular wires with fuses or you guys put back new fusable links??

You should use a new fusible link. However if it is a fusible link issue you should try to find out what caused it to fail.

The A/C fuse,contols the
Powermaster relay
Blower motor
Trunk release

The 20 amp Clock fuse controls the
Horn
Underhood light

IMG_20150307_131107-1.jpg

Last edited:
I will go check that out but i am sure the fuses are all good!

On the cylinder 1-4 is that 1 and 4 or 1 thru 4? If it is 1 and 4 coil/spark issue... have you verified spark with a plug grounded on the engine your geting spark for these two holes? if you have spark then you need to verify if the injectors are really opening and flowing fuel. When I fired mine up last fall with a new engine build it had new injectors and 3 of the injectors were stuck closed. Engine barely would run and was making my mind spin. Fortunately I had a similar issue on a friends car about 10 years back, all 6 of his were locked up. Once I made a harness up to hook the injector up directly to the battery the injector would pop open and I was ready to go. The pulsed signal the ecm sends to drive the injector open is very short and not like hooking it to the battery for a few seconds. The noid lights for checking injector pulse are low voltage and if you hook that noid light to battery voltage the light will blow instantly, I found this out the hard way checking a 7th injector system I used to run. In order for the noid light to be able to flash it has to be very low resistance do to the weak ecm pulse. Make sense?

Its cylinder 1 and 4 i changed the coil i changed the icm still nothing!

Ok but did you check for spark with plug grounded on the motor, we have to determine which way to go with this either spark or fuel.