No PCV & Catch Cans

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
So I had my motor built and was told not to use a pcv and the hole was blocked. So I am running 2 big catch cans none for each valve cover.I was also thinking of running 2 piece push in breather at valve cover the a line to catch can. I know this is overkill but I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Do I need a check valve after push in breather? I wouldn't think so bc the only thing different is no pcv.. Thx in advance

20140508_183340.jpg
Even with these huge ones I should still have an evac system? Also you think where these are mounted a problem

I run no pcv
I go suction side of turbo to catch can to valve cover and PCV hole in intake works good for me
this way I'm pulling vacuum on engine crank case all the time even under boost
Its a Corksport catch can for Turbo App no vent on can
I know those must work I just dont understand how
I think thay run a big vacuum pump with that can?

I run no pcv
I go suction side of turbo to catch can to valve cover and PCV hole in intake works good for me
this way I'm pulling vacuum on engine crank case all the time even under boost
Its a Corksport catch can for Turbo App no vent on can
I know those must work I just dont understand how
I think thay run a big vacuum pump with that can?

Have you checked how much vacuum there is while you are driving the car? Maybe temporarily plumb a vacuum / pressure gauge to the system you were describing then drive it around? I am curious.

Paul Lohr

You don't have to suck the crankcase like a Thai hooker. I just think it's a good idea to help evacuate the crankcase fumes before they get a chance to condense or become acidic.... or both.

If you've got buttloads of blowby and/or tear the engine down often, it won't matter either way. But cars that sit for long periods of time and sweat could use a little help. ESP if they tend to get fired up, moved and shut off.

It's makes no sense to eliminate the pcv considering It's completely out of play once in boost.

If you develop a internal coolant leak, you'll wish you had it!

Plumbing the valve cover cans to the turbo intake pipe is not a bad idea but at idle and low rpm it will not pull like a pcv.

I run a sealed catch on the pcv circuit and 2 cans with breathers off the valve covers.

I have no problems with breathers on each valve cover and ordinary pcv routing. And unless your rings are looser than a Thai hooker or your cylinders are out of round you shouldn't either.

What about keeping the PCV with a check valve pluw 2 breather, one on each valve cover plumbed to a single catch can witha electric vaccumm pump.

Is there a posibility that too much vaccumm could create a problem?

Only if you are pulling huge vacuum with the pump. Race cars that use purpose built vac pumps for them pull much higher vacuum than the converted smog pumps.