No knock retard?

T

TurboTony

My car seems to just ping away and it doesnt show on the gauge and the timing seems to not retard....it used to show on the gauge before i rebuilt the top end. Did i maybe leave somthing un-hooked?

My gauge goes off every time I start the car.

I can test it by unhooking the ESC controller on the passenger inner fender. Then using a paperclip, tap the yellow/black wire's pin to the pink/black wire's pin. This should set off the gauge.

The knock sensor is just below the EGR valve. It has one blue wire going to it. The amount of torque used to install the sensor effects the sensitivity.

I can also get the gauge to repsond to tapping on the block with a hammer. 10-15 quick, light taps.

TurboTony, Good to see you back :D
Don't forget to check the drivers side motor mount.
Do you have AC? mine rubes the down pipe giving false knock.

Well, see the problem is that the car just pings away at about 12 pounds of boost w/no retard of the timing or any sign of knock on the knock gauge. I have filled the car all the way with 100 octane race gas at our 76 here, this helped a little, but would start to ping at 13-14 psi. I want to try the rods and hanger deal....by the way have you figured out the best combo for this?? Maybe i'll try messing with the timing too.

Still working on the combo :( I've changed back to my stock rods & hanger. I'm going to put the K hanger back on with stock rods next & maybe the AY rods that I have.
I tryed CS rods w/ a K hanger, but they are to rich for my setup right now.