no fuel pump with ingition

Not sure about that one. Just guessing on driver side.

Maybe someone else knows and will chime in.

I have a short between the fp relay harness and the pump, where does the wire run, under the carpet on drivers side or pass side

The fuel pump wire runs down the drivers side, in the plastic channel under the sill plate. Ends up in the trunk with a connector in the rear drivers side. It is the copper colored wire.

At the fuse block it is in connector C209, which is on the left side of the fuse block. Pin K

The prime connector is the gray wire behind the alternator.

When testing to see if the relay clicks at key-on, engine-off, need to key-off for a minimum of 10 seconds before keying-on again.

RemoveBeforeFlight

The fuel pump wire runs down the drivers side, in the plastic channel under the sill plate. Ends up in the trunk with a connector in the rear drivers side. It is the copper colored wire.

At the fuse block it is in connector C209, which is on the left side of the fuse block. Pin K

Thanks
When testing to see if the relay clicks at key-on, engine-off, need to key-off for a minimum of 10 seconds before keying-on again.

RemoveBeforeFlight

My relay never clicks and no power to the primer wire,only way to make pump run is to jump relay harness out so I think I have a short

RemoveBeforeFlight

I can't seem to find whats going on, would it hurt if I jumped the fp harness out and keep it that way?

RemoveBeforeFlight

My relay never clicks and no power to the primer wire,only way to make pump run is to jump relay harness out so I think I have a short

If the wire from the ECM to the relay coil is shorted to ground, or the relay coil is shorted out, that will pop the ECM transistor. Measure the resistance of the relay coil, should be around 60 ohms.

Also check the resistance of the ECM wire (DK GRN/WHT, pin A of relay) to the relay socket (remove relay), between it and ground. It should measure open. If not then it is shorted to ground someplace.

Once the short is fixed and the ECM transistor replaced the FP relay should now work.

RemoveBeforeFlight

If the wire from the ECM to the relay coil is shorted to ground, or the relay coil is shorted out, that will pop the ECM transistor. Measure the resistance of the relay coil, should be around 60 ohms.

Also check the resistance of the ECM wire (DK GRN/WHT, pin A of relay) to the relay socket (remove relay), between it and ground. It should measure open. If not then it is shorted to ground someplace.
I bought a new relay from autozone,I replaced the transistor in the ECM that was blown up, tested pink wire on wiring harness to fp relay and have voltage, got voltage on green wire from ECM for 2-3 seconds,and know power for 2-3 seconds on the gray prime test wire behind the alt. I can jump the relay out and make it run and crank the car, I am stumped and getting pissed now, what do you think?
Once the short is fixed and the ECM transistor replaced the FP relay should now work.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I bought a new relay from autozone,I replaced the transistor in the ECM that was blown up, tested pink wire on wiring harness to fp relay and have voltage, got voltage on green wire from ECM for 2-3 seconds,and know power for 2-3 seconds on the gray prime test wire behind the alt. I can jump the relay out and make it run and crank the car, I am stumped and getting pissed now, what do you think?

If this "and know power for 2-3 seconds" is "now" power, it sounds like it all works.

If this "and know power for 2-3 seconds" is "no" power, then either the BLK/WHT wire at the relay socket is bad or the new relay is bad. The BLK/WHT wire is attached to ground. Measure between that socket terminal and a ground point, should show less then 1 ohm.

The gray prime wire is powered from the FP relay. It should be close to battery voltage, say 11.5 - 12 volts), at key-on, engine-off for 2 seconds. Once the engine starts to send DIS reference pulses to the ECM the ECM will again power up the FP.

Try that, monitor the voltage on the prime wire. At key-on, engine-off it should should show battery voltage for two seconds. Now crank the engine for at least two revolutions and see if the voltage returns, it should. It will go away after 2 seconds without cranking.

The other possibility is that the fuel pressure is bleeding off quickly once the pump stops running. A FP gauge will show if it is or not. That could explain why it starts with the prime connector powered up.

RemoveBeforeFlight

If this "and know power for 2-3 seconds" is "now" power, it sounds like it all works.

If this "and know power for 2-3 seconds" is "no" power, then either the BLK/WHT wire at the relay socket is bad or the new relay is bad. The BLK/WHT wire is attached to ground. Measure between that socket terminal and a ground point, should show less then 1 ohm.
Great info man !! Thanks a lot
The gray prime wire is powered from the FP relay. It should be close to battery voltage, say 11.5 - 12 volts), at key-on, engine-off for 2 seconds. Once the engine starts to send DIS reference pulses to the ECM the ECM will again power up the FP.

Try that, monitor the voltage on the prime wire. At key-on, engine-off it should should show battery voltage for two seconds. Now crank the engine for at least two revolutions and see if the voltage returns, it should. It will go away after 2 seconds without cranking.

The other possibility is that the fuel pressure is bleeding off quickly once the pump stops running. A FP gauge will show if it is or not. That could explain why it starts with the prime connector powered up.

RemoveBeforeFlight