no fuel pressure or pumps running

todd n toohey

I am new to this site but already had an experience today that i hope may help someone else. My car quit yesterday for no reason and thank God i was not under boost. After checking a bunch of fuses, relays, connecter at rear bumper we could still not get anything to fire as i have a double pumper system. We hot wired the feed to the pumps and no sound. Took the pumps out of tank and the ground wires were soldered together from each pump but had become de-soldered from aluminum tube on the sending unit. There was a spade connector available and why the builder decided to solder to the aluminim tube i have no idea, so we did what should have been done and soldered two wires together, heat taped, crimped and soldered an eyelet end and drilled out the hole in the spade connecter and ran a #6 stainless allen head bolt with star washers and two nuts for locking effect to just make sure. I am not seeing an attachment option as it would be nice to post pics if I am not explaining this well. Hope this helps someone else. Also, the car was hesitating once in awhile at a constant speed and had stalled once since i bought it a month ago.....obviously the solder connection was working loose and making a poor connection. This simple little FU by the builder could have caused a catastrophic situation. Pay attention to your new double pump set ups on how they are fabricated.

Attachments

• IMAG2136.jpg
    IMAG2136.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66