No Digital Dash Memory, Cigaretter LIghter and Audio Gone, No Interior Light

V6Turbo

Hi Folks,

I had my car stored for awhile. Got it charged with difficulties. Now I have the following issues:

Digital Dash will revert back to metric after ignition off
Inside Light not working
Cigarette Lighter not working
Radio not working.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

I cannot find the courtesy fuse. Is it in another place besides the fuse box underneath the dash?

Hi Folks,

I had my car stored for awhile. Got it charged with difficulties. Now I have the following issues:

Digital Dash will revert back to metric after ignition off
Inside Light not working
Cigarette Lighter not working
Radio not working.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

All these items and more are on the CIG-CLK fuse, see figure. Not shown in this figure is the wire that goes to the digital dash POWER INPUT/MEMORY connection.

Hope this helps, Mel

ClkCigFuse.jpg

Thanks for the info. The schematic is a great help. I will re-check that fuse again. I could have sworn it was okay when check with an ohm meter. I'll pull it out and check it visually.

Sorry for using the wrong wording on that fuse...I had F Body on the brain but thats the fuse I was refering to. Instead of checking with an ohm meter, just switch it to 12v and ground one probe and use the other probe on each side of the fuse and make sure you get 12V.....or you could just pull it and look at it...lol

Fixed...

All these items and more are on the CIG-CLK fuse, see figure. Not shown in this figure is the wire that goes to the digital dash POWER INPUT/MEMORY connection.

Hope this helps, Mel

View attachment 139805

Thanks for the info. I feel really stupid now as it was so simple. I made it out to be more complicated as it is. I should have visually checked out the fuse instead of probing with an ohm meter.

Glad it was a cheap fix. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/img/icons/icon7.gif

Thanks!!!!

Checking a fuse with an ohm meter is the definitive method for ascertaining the condition of the fuse. You must first remove the fuse from the circuit or fuse block first.