No data!

Travon

87PSI
Got my scan master in today, hooked it up via instructions, 2.1 came on with key on and nothing else. Tripled checked all connections, even spliced into the orange wire and still nothing. At a lost!!

White wire connected to orange aldl wire. Grounded on metal bracket near the gas pedal. Red wire connected to ing/ecm in the fuse panel.

What does it display when you turn the key on? What does it display when the car is running?

You either have the wrong wire or it's disconnected between the aldl and the ecm.

ALDL wire is A8 on the ecm. ECM Connectors

Tap the wire at the ecm and see if it works.

Ok! Tested the orange wire at the aldl and the battery for voltage and its good. Anybody has any suggestions???

try another ecm?

the datastream is a series of "ground pulses....." so you can check to see if the Scanmaster is ok by tapping (meaning tap, tap, tap...) the signal wire to ground and see if the 2.1 comes back on.

A dead datastream output is not common, but I have seen it a couple times.

Bob

Tapping on it was the first thing I did. lol! I wish I could get another ecm, but there are no members close to me.

not tapping on the unit. touching the data wire to ground.

(touch, touch, touch,....)

Bob

Ok! 2.1 displays when I ground the data wire, also it starts to show other data as well. Could it be the data from the cars ecm that was stored while trying to figure out the problem? Hooked back up to the aldl and nothing

Are you sure the car has a stock computer with a chip or could it be an accel Gen 6 dfi? Does the factory harness plug directly into the ecm or is it a pigtail there?