no dash lights, running lights and 20 amp fuse has no power

todd n toohey

so here is the deal....as the subject reads that is what is happening.....the 20 amp fuse is the 3rd fuse from the top working your way down the fuse block.....you have two 5 amp fuses in top row and then second row is the just one 20 amp fuse. This fuse blew the other night and then put another one in to have it instantly blow when i switched park lights on. I pull the headlight switch and jumper the wires and all works fine so it has to be the headlight switch, nope as put a new one in today. Funny thing is now the new 20 amp fuse has no power to it as it does not light up with test light (tried two new ones). All other fuses on fuse block light up. Pulled the counsel and grey wire is fine as i know that will rub and ground stuff out. The mystery is why is that 20 amp fuse (whatever it is) has no power. I believe once i figure that out then all will be ok i hope. Is there another fuse block somewhere that sends power to the block on the driver's side? Or any other ideas?....thank you for any help

ok just discovered something...i pull the headlight rocker switch and did a jumper wire to the instrument lights in the receptacle....all works fine and dimmer switch works fine.....the big thing is now the 20 amp instr fuse has power when i am jumping the receptacle. The only thing that was touched recently was a new stereo but i pulled that and looked for loose cut wires and did not see any that were not taped off. I am aware there is an illumination wire for the stock stereo but not sure which one that is.

hi chuck....you have red coming into receptacle and the brown is your instr lights and running lights....jumper wire will make them work fine.....pleaes se my post above