No Country for Old Men.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Badass movie!!! The "killer" character in this movie is priceless... "Call it, Friendo!":eek: :biggrin:

I agree the killer was played very well...
At the end of the flick I felt like I had missed something though :confused:

Is it worth seeing in the theaters or wait for the rental? I hear the ending leaves you scratching your head... :confused:

The ending was definitely one that leaves you thinking WTF (for those that have seen it I thought our Friendo was going to show up in the window behind the Sheriff):biggrin:, but I basically understand why it ended that way. Some movies are left like this to make you have to think instead of giving you the text book conclusion that most movies have. IMO it's worth seeing, but I'm sure opinions may vary.

I want to see it. It's very rare to read a review in the papers and see a movie get the highest ratings. Everyone gave this movie two thumbs up or 5 stars anyway.:)

It was much more violent than I anticipated. I liked it very much, though.
I wish I went into the movie knowing that it was about the random-ness of life. It would have been much better for me.

It was much more violent than I anticipated. I liked it very much, though.
I wish I went into the movie knowing that it was about the random-ness of life. It would have been much better for me.

Same here. After I seen it I heard it was based off a book called "Blood Simple".

Now I am just waiting for them to make a movie based on the life of mafia hitman Richard "The Iceman" Kuklinski. :eek:

I don't get it, this movie is one I really wanted to see, and it isn't playing anywhere near me. Been out since Nov 21. We have a Celebration Cinema with like 15 movies playing, but NCFOM isn't one of them. Boo.:mad:

They were raving about it on Stern.

A movie about the Ice Man would be cool too.

Great Flic

Saw this movie with my dad and it was great. People in the theatre were walking out pissed becuase it didn't have a spoon fed ending. I really liked it and am impressed that Josh Brolin (older brother in the Goonies) is in it. He's making a comeback in a big way being in American Gangster and Grindhouse. The main moral of the story is America is "no country for old men".

BTW, it's limited release is due to it being distributed by Paramounts Art house, indie production Co.

Saw this movie with my dad and it was great. People in the theatre were walking out pissed becuase it didn't have a spoon fed ending. I really liked it and am impressed that Josh Brolin (older brother in the Goonies) is in it. He's making a comeback in a big way being in American Gangster and Grindhouse. The main moral of the story is America is "no country for old men".

BTW, it's limited release is due to it being distributed by Paramounts Art house, indie production Co.

LOL the older guy leaving the theater in front of me had these exact words about the ending "You need a ****ing Psychiatrist to figure out that ending!"

Same here. After I seen it I heard it was based off a book called "Blood Simple".

The movie is based off a book by the same name, by Cormac McCarthy. Excellent read.

Blood Simple was the Coen brothers first movie. Also an excellent movie.

One thing about the Coen Bros, is that they can really nail the look and feel of a movie. It really looks like 1979-80. Not to mention their casting. Awesome movie, very intense.

Finally saw it. Very good movie. Well acted, great scenery, wide open spaces. Tommy Lee Jones was great as expected, but the real surprise was Josh Brolin's character. Not a typical ending... but who always wants that?