no boost after tran rebuild and re-stall

tracer

INOV8
I posted this on the tranny board but got not response so I'll try here.

Got my car back after rebuild. D5 was supposed to be re-stalled to 2800. Before I could build boost at the line to 5#'s with little effort. Now I start to spin at 2200 rpm and 0 boost. What's up with that? Converter re-stalled or stolen by tranny shop? Help!:confused:

Sounds like to me that the stall is not what they said or the TCC solenoid is engaging prematurely or stuck, but it would have a bad surge when taking off with light accelleration if that was the case.

First thing I would do is look at the converter and see if it has "5" or "D5" stamped around it. If not, you have the wrong converter.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Sounds like to me that the stall is not what they said or the TCC solenoid is engaging prematurely or stuck, but it would have a bad surge when taking off with light accelleration if that was the case.

No surging at take off. Basically drives as B4.

Originally posted by Nick Micale
First thing I would do is look at the converter and see if it has "5" or "D5" stamped around it. If not, you have the wrong converter.

The deal was they were going to re-stall my converter. I suspect they either didn't know what they were doing and got it stalling lower or swapped me a different converter. I will call tomorrow and see what they say.