No 1-2 WOT shift after hygard install

jpwalt1987

ey guys, I am helping a friend from the next state over with his car. We have gone through the different upgrades that were needed since he bought it. He needed a convertor as the one in his car was too loose. He ordered a PTC from Dusty Bradford. Little did he know the same convertor that we ordered was in the car already. He didn't know until after his trans shop had installed the new one. Oh well lesson learned for him. :)
The new convertor was too loose also. He was running Royal purple trans fluid and j have heard that it is pretty thin. He drained the RP and filled with some John Deere hygard. Now it won't shift 1-2 at wot. It will hit the rev limiter and he has to let off for it to shift. He drained the hygard and put some regular trans fluid in and it was no better. I had him check the governor to see if the spring got tossed out position. It is all good. I also had him verify the TV cable adjustment following the procedure that Lonnie Diers has. It was not out off adjustment. I am at a loss as to where to lead him right now. He is decent when it comes to turning wrenches but I'm walking him through all this via text and phone calls.
Anyone have an idea of what could have happened? I am starting to think a valve may be stuck.

Have him disconnect the tv at the vb, and cycle it sharply by hand. Swapping fluid might have introduces some trash and got the tv valve hung up. Is it going back to first when he comes to a stop?

Does he have a gauge? What are the Pressures?
So it does shift just not under power? Does it shift under light throttle? What about just letting it roll out with no throttle?