Nitto NT01 315/30-R18's are on!

slowboi

Ive been working on my 86 GN project for a while now, it will still be a year before its complete at least. Did my own frame notch, and planned my own wheel offset. I wanted a BIG tire for the street. Car is riding on a complete Ride-tech coil-over set up with Baer track 4 brakes.

The 315's fit perfect on my 18" wheels.... I will be doing a mini tub and maybe some steel flares if needed to make these fit the body........

That looks sweet. What wheels?what size and what the backspace and offset? Side pics?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks for the comments. The wheels are xxr 526's which are copies of work vsxx's. I cannot afford the work version as they are about $1000 per wheel, maybe if I come into some money.....
As far as the offset They are not supposed to fit on this car as they are made for a Toyota supra, so I would like to keep that info to myself (sorry). However after a lot of modification they fit. ;) Her are some pics of the wheels, they have 4 inches of lip from memory. Ill post photos of them on the frame when my lug nuts arrive, I don't have any "tuner" style nuts and that's what these wheels require.

Can i ask why you went with a control arm mounted swaybar? You have big $ brakes and coilover shocks so obviously you re going for handling. Why did you not go with a chassis mount style bar?

Can i ask why you went with a control arm mounted swaybar? You have big $ brakes and coilover shocks so obviously you re going for handling. Why did you not go with a chassis mount style bar?

I had the 1-3/8 inch solid steel ATR drag bar already on another car, so I figured I'd try it out on this set up to see what it handles like. I will also have a 10 point cage in the car. I figure I ll take it out on the track and see how it does.... if it unbalances the car, ill remove it and use another style.... really its only 4 bolts.

With suspension there are so many variables that my opinion is why not try something on your car (as long as it doesn't put the public at risk) and form your own opinion or combination, there are too many different combinations of suspension parts out there to go on peoples opinions.

I had the 1-3/8 inch solid steel ATR drag bar already on another car, so I figured I'd try it out on this set up to see what it handles like. I will also have a 10 point cage in the car. I figure I ll take it out on the track and see how it does.... if it unbalances the car, ill remove it and use another style.... really its only 4 bolts.

With suspension there are so many variables that my opinion is why not try something on your car (as long as it doesn't put the public at risk) and form your own opinion or combination, there are too many different combinations of suspension parts out there to go on peoples opinions.

Not saying it won't work and its better than no swar bar at all, but I believe there's a reason or a few that most production cars and aftermarket bars are chassis mounted. I'm not positive but I believe the 3rd gen camaros may have been one of the first American built cars anyways using this setup. Don't quote me on that though. Lol. But if you've ever driven one you know how well they handle.
For one it allows the control arms to articulate independently from each other which keeps the rear suspension more planted in a corner esp when bumps and potholes ect come into play. I would think the rear suspension would not to bind as easily either as having the two lower control arms tied together. If one side goes up its gonna pull and twist the other side if tied together.
Most aftermarket bars are also adjustable so you can change the rate and the preload of the bar.
But I hear you, if you have that bar already , try it out. These are just my thoughts. I do really like your setup (well other than the rear sway at ;) ) what are you running up front? Joel

If the ATR bar doesn't offer good handling I'll likely be buying the H&Rpartsnstuff bar.

Up front I have the ridetech coils and the "musclebar" which clears a huge space along the frame for the tires. Its really low profile:

Looks like an awsome setup! She should corner very well.

Honestly I'd say the helwig bar would be better suited for your car than the h&r bar. The h&r bar is great don't get me wrong , but mainly for drag racing because the rate of the bar even on the lowest setting is pretty high.

Yeah I think I may look for more of a "pro touring" type bar sooner than later. My drag racing days are over with this build anyway.

ATR bar handles fine, but puts a lot of strain and stress on the rest of the car. When I pulled mine off it stopped all the groans and gronks when turning over driveways and curbs.

I will say the ATR bar does look the most bada$$ out of all of the bars though (if that matters ;))

I bought a new bar as I will not be dragging this chassis. Ill add to this thread when I get it installed.....