Nitrous Jetting?

TARZAN

Half ass, on kill
Well, I've got a couple spare kits laying around, and I figure I'd like to try one out on my GN. I've taken a lil time and I've got it dialed in on the pump tune and the race tune, zero knock, o2's look good, etc....Does anyone know where I can find jet sizes for a single nossle kit, in an 87 GN? I wanna start out with something along the lines of a 30-50 shot and work my way up.....

Thanks,

-Will

Is it fine to use the calculators already on the web? I just was under the impression that being sprayed with a turbo was gonna produce more power than on an N/A car...

Thanks,

-Will

I have a system for sale

I have a 2 stage NOS kit for sale. It could be converted to single stage. PM me if interested

Just for comparison...

With my Gray T-type, I ran a single fogger nozzle with 46N / 42F jetting. It dynoed an add'l 102hp at the rear wheels.
At the track it dropped from 12.20's down to 11-teens.

Just for comparison...

With my Gray T-type, I ran a single fogger nozzle with 46N / 42F jetting. It dynoed an add'l 102hp at the rear wheels.

did you use wet or dry type kit , was it safe is it still in one piece?

I built the kit from spare parts I had laying around.
It was a "wet" system.

I pulled fuel right off the fuel rail schrader fitting.

Just for comparison...

At what fuel and bottle pressure?

And BTW, thanks!

-Will

The fuel pressure was whatever I had the regulator on the fuel rail set to.
I think at that time I was running around 46psi, set with the vac line off.
As long as you pull the fuel off the fuel rail, it's already regulated and boost referenced.
Bottle pressure was somewhere around 900-950.

I ran this setup on pump gas and race gas, using TurboTweak chips each time.

I checked turbotweak's site for nitrous chips, but I didn't see any.....also called, but he was not in at the time, gonna call again later...

-Will

You don't need a nitrous chip. I don't think Eric makes one anyway.

Get the car dialed-in on whatever combo you have now FIRST.
When you have that running 100% and with zero knock, go ahead and add the nitrous kit.