Nitrous for cooling

tribal87

Alright, I may be reaching here but has anyone ever seen or heard of using nitrous to spray down the intercooler. It seems rather expensive and a waste of nitrous. But I have heard that it can really cool down the air charge. If you have any links for kits or any kind of homemade systems let me know. Thanks

At the GS nationals about 10 years ago, one of the top heads up racers at the time (I think his name is Jim Dellasandro... it used to be him vs Lawrence Conley every year for top turbo car) sprayed his intercooler from the outside with CO2 and it worked. You could use nitrous but it is expensive and at the track it looks to others that you ARE using nitrous, like every dime a dozen Chevy does. Paul

Alky injection will be much more effective in reducing temps. My exhaust temps at 18psi went from 1800* down to 1400* with the pump on a slow speed.

There is a guy around here that i have met once who has a 75 shot or so of nos on his buick, when he purges it, it goes through a pipe right in front of the intercooler that has several little holes and when he purges it it freezes the intercooler. He said it works really well. Thats about all I know about it.