Nitrous and Alky Injection

4sfed4

Well, I have a friend who is installing a small nitrous system on his car that is also equipped with Razor's PAC alky kit. What my....err....I mean my friend's question is relates to the position of the dry nitrous nozzle relative to the alky injection nozzle.

There are a couple of choices on where the nozzle can go based on hard pipe locations in my friend's car. The alky nozzle is already installed in the ideal location after the intercooler. If the nitrous nozzle was to also be installed after the intercooler in the same pipe, it would have to go almost immediately (within a few inches) after the alky nozzle.

The alternative location for the nitrous nozzle would be in a pipe pre-intercooler. My friend realizes that injecting the nitrous here would lose some of the cooling effects of N2O, but he only plans a small shot anyway (I think he told me something between a 20-40 shot, but he says this is not a real N2O installation, its just a "spool kit".) :D

So, what should I......I mean my friend do? Which of the two locations would be best for the dry nitrous nozzle?

I would never run nitrous, so I cant offer much assistance to my friend :D

Tell your friend it doesnt matter. I would shoot it after the alky nozzle not before. Let the hot air make the alky flash.. then let the nitrous take it down further.

Friends dont let friends... :eek:

See ya Sunday.. I've started polishing the tail lites.. so they can be seen from far away :eek:

:D

Originally posted by Razor
Tell your friend it doesnt matter. I would shoot it after the alky nozzle not before. Let the hot air make the alky flash.. then let the nitrous take it down further.

OK....I will pass along your thoughts to my friend. He was wondering if the -137 degree F N2O entering the airstream right after the alky would compromise the ability of the alky to fully flash to vapor.

Friends dont let friends... :eek:

See ya Sunday.. I've started polishing the tail lites.. so they can be seen from far away :eek:

:D
Actually....my turbo isnt here yet! So....no track for me this weekend :-( Drats!

But, looking at your mph, that is a good thing. I wouldnt want to hurt the feelings of a 3.8L 6 cylinder with a little 3400 lb 2.2-4 that grandmas from all over St. Pete use to get groceries :D

My advice....get at telescope. Or, at least a good set of binoculars.

Ahhhhh.......been awhile since some smack was thrown around.

1P4027320-med.JPG

The question of flashing is a good one.. dunno. Glad you have a friend that can try it tho.

Its not the one with the most MPH that wins at the track.. its the one who crosses the line first :eek:

Look at Supra's ;)

Hey I got a turbo I can lend ya.. probably way too big for that little motor :D

Did some digging for you Julio.

I think this one might work. It should fit nicely in your front seat for ease of viewing. Not sure if it will have sufficient magnification though.

789003_1.jpg

Originally posted by Razor
The question of flashing is a good one.. dunno. Glad you have a friend that can try it tho.

Realistically, my friend may be overthinking things. He only plans a small shot so in the overall scheme of things, its a small amount of N2O realtive to the incoming air.

Its not the one with the most MPH that wins at the track.. its the one who crosses the line first :eek:

Look at Supra's ;)

Yeah...but...but.....LOL!

In my case, there is no way my heavy FWD, 5 speed car will ever leave the line like a RWD auto trans car. It just aint gonna happen. So, the first 1/8th will need to be conceded to the gentleman from Shore Acres :D The second 1/8th belongs to 4SFED4. A true dyno queen could not have spoken truer words.

Hey I got a turbo I can lend ya.. probably way too big for that little motor :D

Yeah....its probably to big for my little 2.2 :D

But, I am expecting the turbo (Precision SC6152E) to arrive sometime very late this week, or early next week. So, the car, with any luck, will be up and running next week sometime. Then, Ill have to play with the alky and then the N2O. Ooops...did I say that? I mean I will have to help my friend with the N2O.

No telescope needed with my car, actually I like teasing so i'll only pull a fender on ya.. that way you keep squeezing the turnip juice and I keep the game going.. much more fun that way.. Even past the 1/8 mile... teee heee

I love the "I almost had ya" :D It always makes you want to come back for some more abuse :)

Are you going to make it to the track Sunday?

We shall see 'bout that fender thing....heheheheheheehe.

And no...I wont be going to the TR.com track day this Sunday seeing as how my car wont be ready :(