nice tach on ebay

i dont want to sound like a dipstick, but who needs a 10,000 RPM tach on a buick?

granted it looks nice, but not 212.00 nice and about 3500 more RPM than i need:confused:

his shocks are pretty sweet though:cool:

BW

Those are my exact thoughts Quick6. Why would buick make a tach for a car they know will never see anything above 7000rpm? Seems flat out stupid to do something like that. I wish they made a tach that only went to 7000 so that when people saw it they would know it was made ENTIRELY for the Turbo Regals. I do admit its a nice piece though and a have to have for any person who takes a turbo regal to the track. For $200 its probably worth it to most people because good tachs are not cheap(hence supply and demand) and this one is not readily available.

Here are is a picture of my 10,000 RPM BUICK tach http://www.msnusers.com/turbofish38/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=47
Thats a good price for this because they are discontinued and the demand is there, it is a factory(made by AutoMeter) part and it reads just as easily to 6000 RPM as it does to 10,000. Heck it is better than the POS factory installed tach on the analog dash cars. Go for it, if you dont like it you can always get your money back by relisting it on eBay. I bought mine back around 89 or 90 and many people think its factory installed because it says Buick on it. Not one person,even the Buick experts ever made a comment on the redline on a turbo is only 6,000. Remember all the cool cars from the 60's with the add on factory tachs. IMO it will add a lot more value to your car than the $200 you'll have invested in it.

I AGREE..... ITS F-N AWESOME. ITS NOT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE. ILL BET THAT THING PITCHES $500 BUCKS..... HOW MANY PEOPLE TO YOU KNOW THAT HAVE AN ORIGINAL "BUICK" TACH OPTION WITH THE POWER "6" SYMBOL ON IT.....? I DONT KNOW ANY.....!

WHO CARES THAT IT GOES TO 10,000 RPM.... THE PIECE IS AWESOME AND ALREADY A COLLECTABLE.

BRETT