NEWSLETTER Modern Muscle Fall/Winter '94

Warp6

Mine since '92
Here's a chance for the older folks to reminisce and a chance for the younger guys to see where we came from.
This is the oldest Modern Muscle (now Full Throttle) newsletter I have.
It's from Fall/Winter 1994. I hope this is okay Mike:) (or MR. Licht:D)
Man we have come a long way! In this newsletter and catalog, there was no Terry Houston style downpipe, no scan master nor many of the other cool things we love today. Those are 2 of probably biggest things ever made for us that I can think of.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this and PLEASE do not use this thread to vent frustration, anger or any negativity. It is meant to show where we've been. Please keep it positive.
Craig

Note - When you click the link below and the page comes up, "view as slideshow" for easier viewing. There you can pause it and advance as you wish.

Modern Muscle Fall Winter 94 pictures by HeadlessLettuce - Photobucket

Good stuff!
I remember reading that intro in the newsletter then drooling over the parts list. I think I took a pen and marked the stuff I wanted. :biggrin:

Only seems like a couple of years ago to me.. :frown:

I loved these so much.
Mike's marketing was so fun.

3000+ "The Orange Crush" Not for the Timid

Yeah, those were the days. It got me thinking about some of the old stuff I've got laying around and I ran across a Summer 1994 Poston catalog!

I remember the one that had all the carbon fiber body parts & an entire carbon fiber body. that one had held my attention.

Things were really starting to happen then, technology was changing monthly. We were learning, trying different parts, looking for companies to produce some of them and really having fun. without the internet we were on the phone ALL the time talking to customers and looking for new stuff. The shop was moving and we were building cars and engines. That carbon fiber stuff was a nightmare to get and ship most of it got damaged but it was state of the art for the time. Those were some good and exciting times, thanks for posting that stuff up, it really made my day.
Mike

Things were really starting to happen then, technology was changing monthly. We were learning, trying different parts, looking for companies to produce some of them and really having fun. without the internet we were on the phone ALL the time talking to customers and looking for new stuff. The shop was moving and we were building cars and engines. That carbon fiber stuff was a nightmare to get and ship most of it got damaged but it was state of the art for the time. Those were some good and exciting times, thanks for posting that stuff up, it really made my day.
Mike

Mike, I'm so glad you're okay with it. Do you have copies of all your newsletters? Any idea how many issues you ran?
I have a bunch of them but it's really hard to tell in which order they came. I'd like to post them all.
Man I would yank that thing out of the mailbox and head straight for the throne!! I'd sit there til my legs went numb.

we did at least 10, post them up, I do not have copies anymore, I did but they were lost. First one was in 91 or 92, single sheet and the TA48 and the TE34 were the only turbos we had, I bought some from John Craig but he told me he could not handle the volume and I should call his buddy who was starting a new company call Precision I am pretty sure I was Harry's first customer, 40 lb red stripe injectors were huge and the chips would idle so rich that guys hated them and blamed the injectors, Bob got a handle on that pretty quick though. Stock intercoolers should be prety rare considering how many we cut in half to make "stretch intercoolers" and stock turbine housings we all "ported". Around that time we started selling the first thing we did in house which at that time was my garage at home. The 62MM throttle body, my father in-law was a boring mill operator and he would bore them usually 10 at a time I would glass bead them in my garage, narrow the shaft and fit a custom oval blade that Kinsler Fuel injection made for it so that it would work like stock for TV and things like that. We did hundreds of them, wonder where they are now?
Mike