Newbie in need of scantool advice

LeeRemmos

I am in need of a portable scantool since my family has 3 turbo buicks. Looking for recommendations. Would rather buy one that I can use for all 3 rather than install one in each. Thx

If you hook up a Scanmaster with 12V auxiliary plug (lighter) you could move one from car to car.
I used a mini-qd 4-wire connector, sorry - can't seem to find the photo...

If you hook up a Scanmaster with 12V auxiliary plug (lighter) you could move one from car to car.
I used a mini-qd 4-wire connector, sorry - can't seem to find the photo...

i'm with Mark, should be hard to fab something up, if don't don't wanna go that route i've seen a ton of scan master come up for sale since bob came out with the gauge version.

I'll make a suggestion after just going an alternate route myself, after following the topic Pronto linked. I did all this tonight for the first time in about 20 minutes...not including the configuration of the readouts on my cellphone, I'm picky that way. :) I then started logging, did a baseline test-drive and ended logging after shutting off the car, then emailed myself the resulting .CSV log-file. It measures a ton of info, far more than what you decide to show in the readouts.

-Buy a 12-pin ALDL adapter from www.1320electronics.com (find them on eBay) for $75.

-Buy ALDLDroid for any Android phone from Google Play for $19.99.

-Obtain the latest ADX file from 1320electronics, copy it to a folder on your Android phone.

-Plug the ALDL adapter into your ALDL port and into your cigarette lighter for power.

-Turn on the car, turn on Bluetooth on your phone, open ALDLDroid and scan for & pair the device.

-Configure the readouts to your taste.

You could now connect the ALDL adapter and use your cellphone to read and log data from any Turbo Buick.