Newbie Boost Spike Q

SpoolinUpGN

Even though i've had the car for over 3 years, still feel like a newb asking stuff like this. i was playing with the adj wastegate and was wondering what a "healthy" boost # is to run on 93 octane, bosch 237 fpr, because when u mash it in 2nd the spike hits 16# and then falls back to 14#. i think the spike seems pretty normal but i dont wanna end up callin AAA if it spikes to 19.

would it be dangerous for it to spike at say 18# and sit back on (hopefully) 16 or 17#? don't want any knock so i figured i'd ask before turnin the rod any more :D

If you have a knock gage, you can tweak it to desired #'s, and alchy is good insurance against some bad gas,etc. :smile:

spike in first should be no problem but you dont want to have spike when mashing in 3rd because it could cause crazy knock with that boost and octane you should always tune for wot in 3rd because of less gearing and more load

yeah i've heard that before, and sorry to anyone who reads this the search feature just isnt working i'm just getting blank pages.. i imagine this isnt the first time this has been asked lol

so it's ok to, in first, have the needle jump to 19# and rest at 17#, as long as when you mash it in 3rd it only goes up to 17#? i wonder if the gauge almost misreads that or if the car really does make that much boost for a split second. right now it jumps to just about 18# and rests at 16# in 2nd gear. can i give it one more turn if i'm using a cotton 93 octane chip, bosch 237 reg, 42.5lb injectors, walbro hotwired etc.? thanks for the info