new wheels and tires-what do you think?

No, they aren't Simmons. And they are
17x8.5 in front with 245/45 bfg kdw
17x10 in rear with 285/40's

There is no rubbing in the rear and I'm using alot more backspacing then most tr guys would have you believe is possible.

I always liked that style of rims, but thought they would look like crap on a g body. Thanks for proving me wrong:)

Very Nice, who are they made by?

Also the stree you took the pics on is a very nice straight away too;) Sweet ride!

They are made by Rondell. They are German and T.U.V. approved, and reasonably priced. As far as I know there is only one dealer here in the States. They are made for the 5 series mainly. I did have to use a 1.25inch adaptor by spd in the rear, and had to machine the center hub down in the front. But very minor stuf, I would like to upgrade discs anyway to use a different hub.

oh, and that street is right by my house. That is where we (me and my camaro buddies) do all of the test and tune.
I thought the barn in the background was a nice touch.:)

those look great...is the lip polished? Any photoshop people able to paint the center mesh black and rim polished that would look awsome...

Very nice....;) :) It makes the car look really clean....

If you dont mind me asking, how much does a set of those bad boys go for??

Matt:cool:

Yes, the lip is polished. And when I purchased the wheels, I had the entent to paint the face black. I painted my stock t wheels black I like that look so much. But when the wheels arrived, they looked so good, that I couldn't bear to do that yet. After I get tired of this look, or they aren't new any longer I will probably paint them. But, yeah if somebody would photo shop that and send it to me I would definately like to see it.

Before I give out that info. I need to talk to the guys where I bought them. They were interested in using my car in some ads, because they really just cater to the German guys (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and vw), this could open up a whole other market for them. I will talk to them tomorrow and see what they are gonna do. After that I will tell you. But really cheap compared to others

WOW good looking. its really hard to find a nice big wheel combo that looks good on these cars.... very nice!

Dathan

Originally posted by .38 special
They are made by Rondell. They are German and T.U.V. approved, and reasonably priced. As far as I know there is only one dealer here in the States. They are made for the 5 series mainly. I did have to use a 1.25inch adaptor by spd in the rear, and had to machine the center hub down in the front. But very minor stuf, I would like to upgrade discs anyway to use a different hub.
So what was the backspace,has to be near 5.5-6.5 to use a big honkin spacer like that...

I thought the Turbo Buick Owners were tight,,I feel like I just got bent over ,,,just tell the $$$$:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

http://www.thewheelexchange.com/specials/packages/new_all_index.html

Package 25,I think

I got a secret
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43957&item=2451703181

Need to pay extra for the 10"wide

Those rims appear to be manufactured by RONALusa, Gary Allison, General Manager, National Sales Manager, www.ronalusa.com
e-mail: ronalusa@ronal.com
15692 Computer Lane
Huntington Beach,
Ca., 92649
PH: (714) 891-4853
Fa: (714) 897-5611

I think that you will find Gary very competively priced to do business with.

I don't think anything beats the original GN/T wheels. Talk about a rare sight anymore....

Sorry fellas, I didn't mean to come off that way. I just didn't want to ruin anything, I would really like to see my car in print, even if it is just an advertisement.
However, yes they are Rondell. I got them from the WheelExchange-and like I said, they are, as far as I know, the only place importing them, and they order alot at a time-so they can offer them at a low price.
I discovered this wheel looking for BBS on Ebay.
I paid $850 for them and I feel like it's about the best money I've ever spent, especially since the only other wheels I would have gone with are HREs or BBS or Fisk, or maybe the roh simmons, so you see why I made the decision that I made.
The tires really killed me though--I really hate paying that much for something that wears out.
And no they aren't that package. I got the staggered deeper dish in the rear. And bought the BFGs separate because I didn't know what was gonna fit.
Backspacing is right at 5" with the adaptor bolted on. I would have to unmount it to get an exact measurement. There is no more room without notching the frame.

I'm glad that you guys like it. I couldn't be more happy with the way it looks. I have been shopping around for tires and wheels and trying to put this together for some time now. I had the wheels for like 2 months before I could afford to put the rubber on them. And it's hard to believe, but the pictures really don't do it justice.
sorry so long

Oh, and they are not Ronals. Ronals come on Audis from the factory. We have an A4, and the rims are made of a very soft alloy. They are so scared up from her driving that we'll have to buy some wheels for the Audi real soon as well.