New Type Of Gauge Pod!!!!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Hello all,
I’m looking to get a gauge pod made that is different from all others that I know of on the market. I will be emailing a place that may make these pods. I am looking for the number of people that would be interested in getting this type of pod.

The pod will be a lot alike to the first one seen on this site. I very much like that this pod replaces the entire A-Pillar. I don’t like the pods that just mount to the existing A-Pillar.

http://www.gaugepods.com/buick.htm

The only difference is that it is going to allow for a bigger opening on one of the holes (I think the bottom may work better). This larger hole is to put a real sized Tech. I’m looking to get one hole to be 2 5/8” and the other to be 3 ½”, but I’m open to suggestion. One of my friends works for a plastic company that is that maker of many of the pod for the distributors that are out there, tells me that a couple hundred sold is the break even point for a totally new pod. Therefore, I am looking for a count before I drop the email to the distributor.

Thanks,
Jason

P.S. Please see the "Group Purchases" area to leave me a count, thanks and sorry to post this in different places!!!

Hope your not looking for a show piece. I have one of these in my car, it fit decent... just not a show piece. :rolleyes:

EDIT: still looks better than the add on ones IMO. :)

I'm NOT emailing lotec. It will be made by a different company that will do a better job.

Jason

OHHHHHH ok. :D sounds good then. :) Hopefully this company will make it wrap around the side of the pillar all the way.... unlike Lotek. :mad:

Is a 2-1/16 tach available? I'd like a quality 3 gauge holder if I could get all 2-1/16: boost, knock, and tach.

I will send in my own A-Pillar off of my 87 GN to have them modeled the design after it, if it is necessary to get a good fit. I do not want a piece of crap either.

Jason

Originally posted by V8KILLR
Not sure if there is a pod that holds 2-1/16.

Jason

Maybe I'm confused. Isn't the standard size for boost and knock 2-1/16?

You are correct that 2-1/16 standard size for boost and knock and I do believe that you can get a pod holder 2-1/16. Maybe a good combo is to have a 3-1/2 and 2-1/16 (maybe two), so that you can have a big tech, boost, and knock. I can bring that up when I drop the email. I just need to know if there is an interest!

Jason

I would like to have a better fitting one. I would however not like something that big there. 2 5/8 pods would be nice for a bigger boost and something else though. Keep us informed. If the price is good I would be interested in one.

I think a double pod with two 2 5/8" or a triple with two 2 1/16 & one 2/58" openings would be the best bet. Wide variety of guages available in those sizes & a 3 1/2" on the pillar would look pretty ricey IMHO. :)

Doug C.

I have the Lotek 3 gauge pillar pod, it fits decent. I have a 2 1/16 fuel pressure gauge, 2 1/16 boost gauge, and a 2 1/16 tach in there. I think any bigger than a 2 5/8 gauge is going to make the pod difficult to mount securely to the pillar.

Jacob

So it seems like the vote is for going with (1 or 2) 2-1/6 and (1) no bigger then 2-5/8.

Sound Great!!!!! Now about a 100 or 200 out of the 7,000 members on turbobuick.com post interested and we'll be good to go, :D :D :D . I'll write that email and get ball rolling!!!

Thanks,
Jason

I'd buy one in a hearbeat... That's the combination I have on my car right now. 2-5/8" boost gauge and 2-1/16" pod for my boost controller. One single piece that replaced the whole a-pillar would look way cleaner.

Peter

I'm interested in a molded single gauge that replaces the hole a pillar.

Mine holds 2 guages and looks stock. "normal" people ask if mine came from the factory like that. I don't know who makes it. I'll try to find out. Looks show quality to me!

I would be interested in one also. Pillar mount with 2 guages, 1 for 2 1/16 and another for 2 5/8 tach. Most important would be the wrap around on the side exactly like the factory one.