NEW TWIST ON DRAG RACING NEW CLASS for 2017 TPB

BobbyBuick

New for 2017 TURBO PRO BRACKET!
Does Door to Door DRAG racing excite you?
You want to see everyone in the field have an equal chance to win big cash?
No more second and a half difference in a field of cars.
Heads up(kinda closest paired)) no rules, everyone loves a great drag race .
Already have 3 sponsors committed
Now YOU can have the first place WIN
No weigh in, No tire limit,if its got a Turbo V-6 Bring it !
10.99 and Faster
INFO HERE http://turbobuick.com/forums/tpb-rules-and-regulations.210/

Last edited:
Do you like pro tree head up racing? No more second and a half difference in a field of cars.
Heads up(kinda) no rules, everyone loves a great drag race .
Already have 3 sponsors committed
Now YOU can have the first place WIN
No weigh in, No tire limit,if its got a Turbo V-6 Bring it !
10.99 and Faster

Not interested. Too bad that it's heads up racing! (n) I only participate in bracket racing where everyone has a chance of winning, slow or fast…:rolleyes: That's why I enter the B1 class at BG. (y)

Claude.

Last edited:
Not interested. Too bad that it's f**in' heads up racing! (n) I only participate in bracket racing where everyone has a chance of winning, slow or fast…:rolleyes: That's why I enter the B1 class at BG. (y)

Claude.
And the reason for that post was?Why would you post something so negative on a thread started to add excitement to a new class ?

I would love it, can't stand bracket stuff. Run what you brung.....although I think I would get smoked since I'm just inside the et limit lol.

And the reason for that post was?Why would you post something so negative on a thread started to add excitement to a new class ?
Don't get upset, you asked a question and he answered it. Don't like his answer o well lets press on.

I like the idea gives me a reason to bring my junk

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Not interested. Too bad that it's f**in' heads up racing! (n) I only participate in bracket racing where everyone has a chance of winning, slow or fast…:rolleyes: That's why I enter the B1 class at BG. (y)

Claude.
Couldn't disagree more.... Index racing IS heads-up and EVERYONE has a chance of winning. If there is enough interest I will RRA it at BG and find sponsors. Dont knock it til you try it Claude, or at least don't be skeert

Don't get upset, you asked a question and he answered it. Don't like his answer o well lets press on.

I like the idea gives me a reason to bring my junk

I didnt see a question in my first post and I didnt see an answer to my second post and Im not upset .I dont sweat the small stuff. Im just curious what would motivate a negative post to a new class, trying to get more people involved, with virtually no rules, and anyone can win

Do you like pro tree head up racing?

3 questions

His answer, not interested...

Lol, it's all good let's press on.

Guys…I apologize for using an " f " word…:oops: I went back and edited my post. The problem with heads-up racing is that there are no handicaps and it's the first who gets to the end of the track who wins. The little "no name" guy like me with a smaller budget and no sponsor who cannot afford a high dollar car doesn't stand a single chance… I know that for a fact : One of my best friends insists in entering the TSO class year after year and he usually gets beat on the first run… :rolleyes: His choice, but I don't see any fun in that especially after travelling a long distance to go there with hopes to have fun. Sorry again for being a little negative.:confused: It's for that reason that I much prefer bracket racing (with handicaps) which I feel gives a fair chance at everyone fast or slow. (y)
I have a low to mid-9's car and when at the BG Nationals, I choose to participate in the B1 class because if I'd run in any of the "TS" classes (TSO, TSM, etc…) and run heads-up with the other guys, I'd be on the tralier after the first run, period. Like Bob said in his initial post, it's "Heads up no rules" racing. No real fun in that (at least for me…).
and
Couldn't disagree more.... Index racing IS heads-up and EVERYONE has a chance of winning. If there is enough interest I will RRA it at BG and find sponsors. Dont knock it til you try it Claude, or at least don't be skeert
No. For your information, "index" racing is NHRA Stock and Super Stock type racing were everyone qualifies according to an index pre-determined by NHRA. Bracket racing is where you choose your own dial-in and try to beat your opponent while not running under the time you dialed.

Claude.

Last edited:
Guys…I apologize for using an " f " word…:oops: I went back and edited my post. The problem with heads-up racing is that there are no handicaps and it's the first who gets to the end of the track who wins. The little "no name" guy like me with a smaller budget and no sponsor who cannot afford a high dollar car doesn't stand a single chance… I know that for a fact : One of my best friends insists in entering the TSO class year after year and he usually gets beat on the first run… :rolleyes: His choice, but I don't see any fun in that especially after travelling a long distance to go there with hopes to have fun. Sorry again for being a little negative.:confused: It's for that reason that I much prefer bracket racing (with handicaps) which I feel gives a fair chance at everyone fast or slow. (y)
I have a low to mid-9's car and when at the BG Nationals, I choose to participate in the B1 class because if I'd run in any of the "TS" classes (TSO, TSM, etc…) and run heads-up with the other guys, I'd be on the tralier after the first run, period. Like Bob said in his initial post, it's "Heads up no rules" racing. No real fun in that (at least for me…).
and

No. For your information, "index" racing is NHRA Stock and Super Stock type racing were everyone qualifies according to an index pre-determined by NHRA. Bracket racing is where you choose your own dial-in and try to beat your opponent while not running under the time you dialed.

Claude.
Forget everything you know about Drag racing this is completely different!!!!You need to re read the rules This class was made for you!!!! its a pro tree (staggered),on a dial one tenth fester then your qualifying time .against a competitor who has dialed the closest to you.looks like a heads up race with advantage to the driver and the car that does the best job that day.Not the fastest car .Welcome aboard!!!!.My post could be misleading (i edited it)it will be like a head up race only because of the way we are pairing the cars.instead of using a pro ladder .thanks Bob

Last edited:
The problem with heads-up racing is that there are no handicaps and it's the first who gets to the end of the track who wins. The little "no name" guy like me with a smaller budget and no sponsor who cannot afford a high dollar car doesn't stand a single chance…

Claude.
No....Were not talking NHRA Claude and your above comment is not true. I am talking about heads up index racing on a pro tree. No different than hot rod, quick rod, & super rod cars do. Stock / Super Stock run on a full tree, not a pro tree so thats not a good comparison... Tell me what NHRA super comp runs?? How is the class structured?

So you don't have a car that can run 11.49 in the 1/4 mile?? That doesnt take a high dollar car to win. The little "no name" guys like you stand an equal chance

Forget everything you know about Drag racing this is completely different!!!!You need to re read the rules This class was made for you!!!! its a pro tree (staggered),on a dial one tenth fester then your qualifying time .against a competitor who has dialed the closest to you.looks like a heads up race with advantage to the driver and the car that does the best job that day.Not the fastest car .Welcome aboard!!!!.My post could be misleading it will be like a head up race only because of the way we are pairing the cars.thanks Bob

Trust me Bobby...... People don't like change and alot are too closed minded to even listen

I can't wait to see how this class goes!!! Sounds like everyone has a fair opportunity to win. I have been going to BG since 2002. Came close to winning a few times but no cigar! This feels like my chance!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see how this class goes!!! Sounds like everyone has a fair opportunity to win. I have been going to BG since 2002. Came close to winning a few times but no cigar! This feels like my chance!!!!!!!!

Everyone does have a chance. Doesn't matter how deep someones pockets might be. In this class as you can see that is irrelevant. Driver is WAY more important than how much bling they have on their car

Probably going to add no delay boxes to the rules .dont really see an advantage on a pro tree.but might eliminate a potential future dispute.Whats the thoughts?

Probably going to add no delay boxes to the rules .dont really see an advantage on a pro tree.but might eliminate a potential future dispute.Whats the thoughts?
There definitely is some Advantage. Doesn't matter Pro tree or Long Tree all you have to do is calculate the math and you can still use it. That may hurt car count for the faster field potentially. You may want to say no delay boxes but transbrake is okay

if you dont mind would you add it please you can put it on the same line as transbrakes allowed (no Delay Boxes)

Great idea Bob. It should be cool to participate or watch. Would this be Friday night like they used to do the Quick 16?