New TV recommendations

BlueLimited87

Going to be buying a new TV soon (42" 1080). What are some of the better brands to buy or not to buy??? And what kind of specs to look for when comparing?? Want to spend under a $1000.

Thanks

I've got a 42 inch and 54 inch Vizio flat screen. Zero issues with either one great picture, good price. Blu-rays are awesome on them too. Phil.

Samsung is good and has a decent picture but their power supplies are problematic. Fortunately it's a hour fix with 10 cents worth of parts.

You can get a few tv's for under 1k but you need to figure out how much under you want to go. Do you want name brand or maybe an off brand with good reviews. Do you want 60, 120, or 240hz refresh rate. If your just watching the news, talks shows and sitcoms 60hz will be fine, but if your watching action movies, sports and playing video games you might want to go for the 120 or 240hz tv's. Do you want cutting edge, then get LED that is about 1.5" thick. Some tv's have internet capability for use with net flix and such so is that something you need or not. There's alot more you might want to think about on this purchase because if all you care about is 42" 1080p and under 1k then just pull up the walmart website close your eyes and point your finger and you'll have found your new tv in no time.

ive never had any problems with samsungs, and best buy has a special now for a samsung 46" lcd 1080p 120 hz for $999.99. there are 26 reviews with a 4.7 out of 5 on that tv on the bbuy website.

I just (and me just) bought an LG 42" for $500 + tax at Fry's Electronics. You should be able to meet your <$1000 goal easily.
I'm very happy with the TV so far.

FRYS.com | LG

Note sure why I got it for so much less than even the special price. Deal of the century I guess!