New Turbo-T owner in mid-IL

FFWD

Greetings. I'm a long-time G-body owner, having owned an '86 Monte SS since age 19. 21 years later I've finally realized a dream and purchased a turbo Regal. Midlife crisis!? It's an '87 WE4 WO2 Y56 w/65k on the clock rolling on Simmons F-18’s. Not sure how rare (or not rare) the RPO combo is other than being 1 of 1547; still learning about these cars! I took delivery late Fall last year, so I had only one opportunity to take it for a spin before the weather turned... but I'm in love. It's a decked/honed, balanced/blueprinted 109 with a built trans and Precision 6466, along with a host of other complementary parts and tuned by Julio. I feel somewhat ashamed though, as I bought this car built.; I'm more of a DIY guy. Guess I'm getting old. Anyway, I'm not a big talker, so this is brief. Hoping to meet up with some fellow owners locally when the weather gets better. I'll be attending the HRPT when it rolls through Gateway this summer for sure!

Attachments

• FFWD.jpg
    FFWD.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 135
Greetings. I'm a long-time G-body owner, having owned an '86 Monte SS since age 19. 21 years later I've finally realized a dream and purchased a turbo Regal. Midlife crisis!? It's an '87 WE4 WO2 Y56 w/65k on the clock rolling on Simmons F-18’s. Not sure how rare (or not rare) the RPO combo is other than being 1 of 1547; still learning about these cars! I took delivery late Fall last year, so I had only one opportunity to take it for a spin before the weather turned... but I'm in love. It's a decked/honed, balanced/blueprinted 109 with a built trans and Precision 6466, along with a host of other complementary parts and tuned by Julio. I feel somewhat ashamed though, as I bought this car built.; I'm more of a DIY guy. Guess I'm getting old. Anyway, I'm not a big talker, so this is brief. Hoping to meet up with some fellow owners locally when the weather gets better. I'll be attending the HRPT when it rolls through Gateway this summer for sure!

Congrats! Nice ride. Don't feel ashamed at all you'll get some wrench time. I bought my car built too. I've already introduced my motor to the cherry picker and engine stand twice in 4000 miles. I'm having a good time!!!:D:D

Not sure exactly where you are in IL but there's a few of us in the Quad City area and we have a track in Cordova IL. I'm about 2 hours from there in SE Iowa. If I can keep my motor in the car I'd sure like to get over there and meet some of the fella's. If you're close enough maybe you can come over this way some time.

Hello FFWD.
I farm just east of Springfield in a little town called Rochester.
There are three of us that I know of around this area.
Two GN's and me,I'm in the phone book and my cell is 801-8433.
Always looking for more kindred spirits to hang with!
Also GNRick is over in Champaign/Urbana.
Maybe he'll say hey too!

Hello FFWD.
Maybe he'll say hey too!

Congrats! Nice ride. Don't feel ashamed at all you'll get some wrench time. I bought my car built too. I've already introduced my motor to the cherry picker and engine stand twice in 4000 miles. I'm having a good time!!!:D:D

Not sure exactly where you are in IL but there's a few of us in the Quad City area and we have a track in Cordova IL. I'm about 2 hours from there in SE Iowa. If I can keep my motor in the car I'd sure like to get over there and meet some of the fella's. If you're close enough maybe you can come over this way some time.

I've been up to Cordova a few years ago; not a bad track. I'm not exactly close, but not too far either. I'm in Staunton right off I55 on Route 66, about an hour outside STL. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hello FFWD.
Maybe he'll say hey too!

Small world, Marty... my girlfriend lives there and I'm up usually every other weekend (although yet w/o the Buick). You must lay low, because I've not seen another one around there. I'll hit you up when I plan to be up there with it. Six 1 eight - 7 two 7 - two two 65

-William

She looks clean....Welcome aboard.

I am about 30 miles west of St Louis in Ofallon Missouri

Bryan

Hello FFWD.
Next time your up this way just get on Google Earth and plug-in
8227 Buckhart Rd. that's our farm,if we're not farmin' we'll prob'ly be
in the the shop!
We keep a goodly supply of adult beverages in the 'fridge!
Cheers!

Welcome to the site. I'm just off route 66 too. Just a bit West of you though.;)
Great looking car. Congrats on the find. There will be some big Turbo Buick get togethers this summer.
Let us know if you have any questions.

Happy spooling...:)

Mike Barnard