New trans/ converter

Michael30815

Heres the set up, 60 lbs injectors, walbro fuel pump, adjustable fuel reg, Te-44 turbo, big mouth intake , alky injected, precision super stock intercooler, 25lbs of boost, new valve springs, stock unopened motor, 3 inch downpipe with 3 inch GN1 exhaust, turbo tweak, dual fans.

image-2102244822.jpg

The times above were prior to me getting my new transmission and converter. I will be putting new rebuilt trans from janis transmission with a Art Carr 9 inch non-lockup converter. What is the lowest time i should be able to run in the 1/4 mile with street drag radial and without as well?

Does it have a trans brake? Going to have to get the sixty down good out of the hole with as much boost as the tires will hold with out spin and you could easily do 12.0 to 11.80 with what you have going on there

Michael30815 said:
Foot brake, no trans brake. Just looking for mid 11"s hopefully. The time slip were before new tranny and converter. Time slips are with stock converter and slipping trans.

Can i run a te-62 on a stock unopened engine with my set up (9 inch art carr converter NLU), and can i achieve or get close to 500 horsepower on the dyno.

Can i run a te-62 on a stock unopened engine with my set up (9 inch art carr converter NLU), and can i achieve or get close to 500 horsepower on the dyno.
Yes you can run that turbo on an unopened engine...My buddy has a 62 turbo with just bolt ons and he runs mid 12's right now, but the car has more. He needs some seat time and a better 60 ft and he would be high 11's.....Honestly that 44 is a great street turbo with fast spool and you could get your mid 11's from it....The key is tuning and knowing how to drive.....Those are the 2 things I'm starting to work on now.....I want to be done spending money on go fast parts and get my car to run at it's potential.....

IMHO, the 44 is a better bet. Your motor is mostly stock.... and the turbo will work on a stock D5 ok, but work even better with it restalled a little. It is an excellent choice on a stock longblock car looking to go into the 11's.

As already stated... the 60' needs a ton of work. This is where you will get your biggest ET gain..... it is fairly easy to get these cars to 60' in the low 1.7's or high 1.6's with mostly stock stuff and some good tires. This would make well over a half a second difference right there in your ET.

It will take a high pressure ratio to get even close to 500whp with a stock longblock. The AC converter will eat up a lot of power too. I would look for e.t. Rather than power. The te62 has been in the 10's on an unopened. Lots of boost. 116+ octane and decent tune.