New to the turbo buick scene

Dax D

Hello my name is Dax and i live in Northern Utah. I am a huge Mopar lover but lately i have really caught the bug with the turbo buicks. I saw one run a few years back at rocky moutain raceway midnight drags. Everybody stood up to watch that car go down the track. Man that thing was Fast!!! It ran a high nine second quarter mile time. I have decided to trade my charger r/t project car to get a 87 turbo buick. I know they only made 500 or so gnx grand nationals what else is a good 86 to 87 buick turbo car to own is the t tops a good thing to have or not? Thanks Dax

Hello Dax! Welcome to turbobuick.com!!! :) I think any 86 or 87 Turbo Buick would be great to have.
For many, the Grand National or the WE-4 is preferred. I think all 86 & 87 Turbo Regals are fast and
good looking. Good Luck!

Yeah...skip the GNX if you want to go fast. There were 547 made IIRC and they are such a collector it's a shame when someone modifies them...but to each his own I guess. You're on the right track looking at an 86-87 as there are a lot more parts for those years, and are generally easier to get going fast. A GN or a t-type or turbo T will all have the same performance. Some people prefer the T cars because they have a little more personality and individuality. They also generally make a better sleeper. As far as t-tops you will get mixed opinions. A lot of people say they aren't as rigid and are more prone to cracking at the A-pillar. Others say they never have any problems. Personally if I could go back I would get one without the t-tops simply because I never take mine off. Also because mine leak, the weather stripping is expensive to replace, and from what I've read they are a real PITA to adjust. I don't take mine off because I'm afraid I will get caught in the rain and I don't want to take them with because I'm afraid that they will thrash around and break. Also I'm worried about birds and their homing skills.

Okay thanks for the advice when i get my car were should i start to get it running well. What are the best things to buy to get the best bang for your buck when it comes to high performance parts for these cars. Thanks Dax

Run...run for your life...save your money...your mind...your marriage!!!
JK...they are awesome!!! You will be poor, angry, and single...but lovin' it.