New to GN's please with scanmaster readings-Thanks

mj440

OK so I'm fairly new to GN's and have an 87 I'm trying to get running right before adding any uprades. I've read on here you need a scanmaster before you do anything, so got a scanmaster 2.1 and here are my readings.
Also some numbers kept jumping around.
02 milivolts started at 450 on a cold start up and dropped to 260-350 after warm up. I know I have the famous cracked header and guess that could lead to this #??
AF - 04
LB 34-39
BAT - 13.4
IN- 128
BL - 150
CLT - 190 - my fan comes on right a 190 still
ATS - 120
R - 650 - 700
IAC - .42 idle and 4.44 wot
IAC - 73
CC - 192
I started off trying to adjust the IAC to then set my TPS, I could get my IAC down to 39 but no lower the number starts to rise even turning the screw the same direction. Also everytime the fan kicked on the IAC number jumber up 20 or more. Lastly no matter what I adjust it on a restart its back to 73. Could I have a bad IAC?
I thought I check for vacuum leaks and havn't found any, I even but a vacuum gauge on and pull good vacuum.
Any help would be great!

Thanks

Check for vacuum leaks too. A BL of 150 is numerically high, and may indicate a vacuum leak. Ideal should be 128, give or take a few.

Please read the following link, to help you understand your new scanmaster readings.

http://turbotweak.com/scanmasterinstructions.pdf

Baty 3.4 ? Assuming that was meant to read 13.4
Agree with quickv6 bl should be in the 118 to 138 range, 128 is dead on.
I see you tried to bring the IAC back in line with no success, I would pull the Idle Air Control Valve and clean or replace it.

Chuck

corrected thanks, its the o.e. IAC and I cleaned it with intake cleaner but i can try a new one.

The vortex link in post #3 should be in everyone's favorites (bookmark). I refer to that site all the time, Steve Wood is a great person to talk/type to.

Chuck

First thing I'd do is get the header cracks fixed, so your not chasing your tail. It'll spool much faster too. Also, double check for vacume leaks. Check where the vacume lines hook to the vacume block on top of the throttle body. They like to crack on the bottom, where you can't see it. Make sure that the little one way check valves arn't blown out. Start with the simple stuff first.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

thanks for all the info, dumb question but one way check valves in the vacuum block or somewhere else?

thanks for all the info, dumb question but one way check valves in the vacuum block or somewhere else?
Ck VLV are the check valves...
vac_federal.jpg