New to Fast need help with tunning and programs Please

Evan H

I just got my car back yesterday after a year and it does not run well. The builders do not know how to tune fast and neither do I. I have a 214-214 atr roller Gn1's 72 injectors 70 turbo and it is back firing if you go more than half throttle. Does anyone have a sheet of what the valuations are supposed to cross reference to on Fast? Any help appreaciated. Thanks Evan Tempe Az.

Hey Evan

Did you copy the tables from that 75 lb injector program we put in on Sat to the ECM? or?

Hey woody yes I did and it runs a little better but now it is backfiring and something is not right, car is at Nicks. Evan

Mike thanks a lot will try this program and let you know what happens sent you an e-mail too. I think there is something else wrong but haveing that program will eliminate the other program for 75 lbs injectors that we have, the other program works fine on another car with allmost the exact set up. I guess I'm the lucky one with the problem. Evan

Well in general different engines have different VE characteristics, and speed/density seems to be very picky about having the correct VE :) So don't be too suprised if it takes some tweaking to get a program that worked flawlessly on one engine to do the same on another, even if they are similar. Too bad we don't live closer :-(

FWIW I had to "tilt" or change the VE table on mine once to get it to start and idle good again after just advancing the camshaft 4 degrees... It was pretty obvious that the engine breathed alot better down low after that seemingly minor change ;-)

TurboTR

Thanks Turbo TR I will keep that in mind. This is going to be tough but once we get it figured out I think it will really run strong. Evan

Originally posted by Evan H
Hey woody yes I did and it runs a little better but now it is backfiring and something is not right, car is at Nicks. Evan

Might run better now with all the bolts in the plenum?

Nick foud out the car is starving 4 fuel the fuel rail is wrong. changing that and fuel regulator and new fuel line to the fuel rail. Keep you guys updated so far so good. Evan