new times few q's

85 TR

well got back out to the track and ran my best yet but still think somthing up dont think im tuning it so well .

car went 12.59 @104.92 first run with a 1.71 60 ft blm's were 115 the whole run and i got 2.5 degrees of knock just after third but it went away by the end of the run? well befor e second pass i checked fuel press and it was at 46 so i droped it down to 43 and the next pass i went 12.64@105.94 with a 1.79 60 ft. i still got knock of 2.5 at the same exact spot of third this time blm's were at 126 the whole run .

now finnaly the question is the knock false , or am i running the stock inj out or octane (100) also how will i know if the inj are running out ?
thanks

forgot to post my maf never got over 219 is that right? i was running 20lbs of boost?

Only way to know if you are running out of injector is by viewing your O2's @ the top of 3rd gear during your run. High 700's - low 800's your probably ok. But low 700's with stock injectors are bad news. The fact that lowering your fuel pressure increased your trap speed (the true measure of power) shows that have enough fuel for now. But as you up the boost and fuel beware that if you exceed pressures of 50psi static it's probably time for some new injectors. Which you should need now since you have an intercooler. When I ran 104 mph my fuel pressure was @ 38psi static (that's hot air w/ a 60 turbo and 42lb injectors). Also 2 degrees knock is probably nothing to worry about.

PS. Are you using a race or street chip and how much timing?

got hte chip off a someone on the board for free and he didnt know anything about it i figured out it was a red 93 chip for stock inj but no idea on the timing, didnt look at my o2's , does anyone knowif those maf readings are correct at wot?
thanks for the help boostmaster.

Probably A bad maf sensor @ that trap speed you should be pegging or close to pegging the maf sensor.

hey how do you know how to tune with turbo link do you have a manual I don't know what any of the numbers mean

i used the search option on this site and asked these guys questions did all the basic maintenece and just made shure i didnt have any knock. blms clos to 128 o2 somewhere around 800 thats about all i went off dont know if my numbers are correct but it seems to make my car run pretty good , and from all the q's ive asked i have found out that these numbers are not a must every cars is different claimate and all the factors you just want to be close

85 TR said:
......... 12.59 @104.92 ............ 12.64@105.94 ......
Nice going.
Check your sig. Your times and trap speed are mixed as to your original post. :confused:

if you look at my sig i post my best et and my best mph but they were on diff runs.