New TB relocation project...relocated turbo too

well, I got to wondering about that. I know it wouldn't drain, but I figured a scavenge pump might be in order. think there will ne enough oil pressure to keep the bearing lubed and have the scavenge pump do the work that gravity normally would?

I'd call John Craig or Precision and ask them what they think.

you could just mount it in front of the engine......

did some research and founf out you are right nocooler. Thanks for the heads up. Would have sucked to have gotten much further in the fabrication before finding that out.

We had just finished making the bracket to hold the turbo in place when we got this news. So I got to looking at it, and with just a simplification and small modification of the bracket I can now mount the turbo in front of the motor directly above the water pump. It will complicate the plumbing, but not too much it doesn't appear.

Basically, the mounting flange that comes with the turbos will mount to a vertical bar coming down from the alternator bracket support. There is an additional bracket going down to where the bar for the coil support is, so the whoel turbo isn't hanging off the alternator bracket stud itself. Very stable, plenty of hood clearance. Should work great there.

Gotta do a little welding on the new bracket and I'll get it hung in place hopefully tomorrow to get you guys some pictures.

Bringing this back to the top...

It has been a while since you posted those pictures. How has the project come along? Is it running? Running well??

-Banning.

J Banning said:
Bringing this back to the top...

It has been a while since you posted those pictures. How has the project come along? Is it running? Running well??

-Banning.
Actually, the car was stolen in April 2005... never got to finish it :(