New Sumped Gas Tanks???

jdpolzin

I would be interested in a sumped tank if someone sold them. I know I can always weld a sump onto my tank but I worry about rust inside the tank. Eastwood sells a coating for the inside of the tank but I just dont really trust it. How about a manufactured sumped tank coated just like the originals with baffles?

Did you see those new Aeromotive sumps with in-tank A1000? I wanted one of those untill I saw the price.. over $1K. Ouch!

Yeah forget that! I'll have my whole fuel system done for that price!!!! I'd just like a good solid gas tank and I wouldnt think it would be too hard to make. I'll probably end up just sumping my tank but would rather have a nice one that I dont have to worry about bad welds or rust.

Those are kinda cool. If it came with a kit to mount it, I'd be in for one of those! How many gallons is that tank? Do you have any mounted pictures? I'm curious as to how low it hangs? My car sit pretty darn low to the ground.

baffled tanks

I am searching for a stock tank also.
The aftermarket baffled tanks consist of a small swallow wash pan that slowly fills from the bottom. The stock ones are far better for hard launching fast car that wants to retain a stock appearance. I wish some made one equal to an NOS tank.

Anyone have an extra stock tank? If you do please contact me.

I Have 3 Left I Will Sell Them For 265 Plus Shipping.they Are Just Taking Up Space In My Shop.
First Come First Serve.

CIMG0320.jpg

Btw This One Uses Your Stock Filler Neck,and Does Not Require Any Cutting Of The Car.you Just Have To Make The Stock Straps A Little Longer.

I like that price. Is it baffled? Also how far exactly does it hang down compared to the stock tank? My car is low so I have to be very careful with that. If you could possibly measure the exact difference in yours and the stock tank, I would greatly appreciate it and will probably buy one if it's not to low for me. What size fitting are on the tank also? Thanks

Any word on whether this is baffled or pressure tested? If these questions can be answered, I'm sure Austin and I will buy 2 from you. Let us know! Thanks! -----Jeremy

Austin, I can get the outside powerded for you. We just have to find a tank. I tried to contact Evil 87 but I havent heard back from him.

They Have A Rear Baffle And Have Been Tested For Leaks.sorry No Time To Check The Forum Lately.if You Are Interested Call Me At
310-923-4377 Luis. Btw I Have 2 Left.

Just a thought & since new factory tanks are no longer available. I have used on a couple of occasions an after market tank that a company off e-bay sells with good success. It's new & you can have a sump that can be found in JEGS catalog welded onto it. item number. 230293590084 Although that aluminum tank on evil87's car looks nice as well as the rest of that car. One of the nicest I've seen.

They Have A Rear Baffle And Have Been Tested For Leaks.sorry No Time To Check The Forum Lately.if You Are Interested Call Me At
310-923-4377 Luis. Btw I Have 2 Left.

Louis, I will take one. I'll call you tomorrow. Thanks ----Jeremy

Why not purchase one of the billet fuel tank sender/pickup that is soon to be available? Comes with -8AN feed/return....optionally can get -10 feed/-8AN return! Plus it is anodized for E85 for compatibility. This will allow you to keep your stock tank!! Check out the E85 section for info on the billet pickup.
Conrad
"Hot Air"