New simmons fr18..need help!

tonys87

I found the company that bought the rights to the simmons wheels and they have brought them back. "Tempe tyres" if anyone wants to look them up. they are out of Australia. i wanna buy a pair and i know guys here are running them already. i want 18 inch with a huge lip in the rear.. anyone here wanna help me figure out the correct back space. i have the gnx fender flares, so i want them a bit flush with the fenders for a good look. so guys if you have simmons on your Gn now please help.
BTW they are not cheap! not sure what they sold back in the day. but 18x9 are 880.00 and 18x10 are 935.00 a wheel.

With the fender flares and the correct GNX inner fender mods you could do 5" BS in the back pretty safely on a 10" wide rim.

The real concern you have isn't the rim width, it is the mounted section width of the selected tire. You could have a 10" wide rim, but 11" of mounted section width, which will alter your effective (actual) backspacing and the outer dimension of the overall assembly. With GNX flares done per factory specs you could probably get away with a 12" wide rim, stretching a 315 or 335mm wide tire in the back to get the flush look you are after. The same general principles apply to the front... only you have to take the steering geometry and suspension compression into consideration.

Keep in mind that shipping, duty and customs, and taxes from Aussieland are going to be a killer on your purchase.

i dont have any REAL gnx mods done to the fenders .. its just the flares.. and this whole back space is a little confusing.. i usually just buy wheels that are made for the Gn. so the bigger the BS the wider the lip?

i dont have any REAL gnx mods done to the fenders .. its just the flares.. and this whole back space is a little confusing.. i usually just buy wheels that are made for the Gn. so the bigger the BS the wider the lip?

Well then two things:

1) Either cut your car up or stick with sizes that typically fit a GN; and
2) Unless you cut your car up you will not achieve your original goals.

If you aren't willing to commit to these semi-drastic changes call up a guy like Scot W. and he'll send you down the road with some CCWs that don't require any modification or thinking.

Well then two things:

1) Either cut your car up or stick with sizes that typically fit a GN; and
2) Unless you cut your car up you will not achieve your original goals.

If you aren't willing to commit to these semi-drastic changes call up a guy like Scot W. and he'll send you down the road with some CCWs that don't require any modification or thinking.

I don't mind cutting up the car a bit. But worst case. I'll use the usual BS like you mentioned. Thanks!

thanks silver fox..do you have any other pictures of your car? is there a benefit to 17s instead of 18s