New Shock opinions

cwelk87gn

XCELR8S
The other day I was out in the garage and out of boredom, removed one of the rear shocks off the GN. What shocked me (no pun intended) was that all 4 shocks on the car were the ORIGINALS! Of course the car only has 76K miles, but we're talking about almost twenty year old shocks. Anyway, I'm thinking about a fresh set of KYB's. The car gets driven about once a month and see's the track on rare occassions, how much better do you think she'll drive with the new KYB's or what other brands have people had good luck with?

I'm very pleased with the adjustable Koni's, also at shox.com for $397.60 to your door. Koni's have free shipping. :D

Another vote for the adjustable Konis. Even on the softest setting they're a little stiffer than stock but the GNs were way too soft stock anyway.

Shocks

I went with the KYB stocks from Advanced Auto. they were way less than $200.00 they are OK, but not as good as the others

Wells said:
FWIW & IMHO:
Bilsteins, about $ 330 to your door for all four
www.shox.com

thought the bilsteins were like $234 for all four shipped from shox.com...

summit has them for like 60 each? which would be around 240 for 4 of them.

Anyways, I just got Edelbrock IAS... b/c the price was way too good to pass up. (bought "used" for $200 shipped, but they were bolted on to a car and never driven, so pretty much new). Haven't put them on to try them out yet.

83hurstguy said:
thought the bilsteins were like $234 for all four shipped from shox.com...

summit has them for like 60 each? which would be around 240 for 4 of them.

Anyways, I just got Edelbrock IAS... b/c the price was way too good to pass up. (bought "used" for $200 shipped, but they were bolted on to a car and never driven, so pretty much new). Haven't put them on to try them out yet.
-----------------------------------------------
Oops, my bad, what the heck was I thinking. Thanks for the correction, can I claim a typo on this as I just bought a set from them about 2 months ago, free shipping, $ 234 to the door in states that don't need sales tax. damn, sorry, everybody, especially Shox. Mine were about $ 243 to my door with sales tax and no shipping. People were the greatest to deal with.