New SD2 Chip is Available!

Eric Stage I

TurboTweak Guy
Guys,
The SD2 chip is in the webstore now for ordering. I'm doing an intro special for July only for $309.99. Normal price after that is 349.99. For guys with an old SD chip, you can upgrade that for a discounted price also (check the "sending in old SD chip" box when ordering).

The SD2/Powerlogger Pro is the most advanced setup ever devised for the stock Buick ECM. The SD2 is the chip, and the Powerlogger Pro is a free software upgrade to any older Powerlogger, which can be downloaded from my support forum.

Here is a link to the first draft of the instructions: http://www.turbotweak.com/sd2instructions.pdf

Regards,
Eric

Hi Eric good job on furthering exploration in the turbo Buick performance. Only question i have is what benefit is there over the 6.0 chip and stock maf? Is there better control over fuel curves and powrr ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

This gives more control to the user, and more features to help tune. I doesn't necessarily make more power, unless you are making enough power for the MAF to become a significant restriction.

Thanks Eric. Don't know about the maf situation. I did run a 11.5 with an off idle launch and letting off twice from tranny problems. Just wondering if it was a benefit over your 6.0 out of the box. Hate the maf

at your power level, you will definitely notice the difference.

Bob

Can you PM me the price for current SD chip users? Do we need to send in the old SD chip before or after the new one is made? Do you have the chip programs saved somewhere or do you need us to give all the details again ? Thanks for an awesome product!!

If you are upgrading an existing SD chip, then $90 is subtracted from the price. I can swap chips so the car is not down. When you order, you can enter some details there. The old program is completely different so it can't be used.

Just to clarify, there is no newer Powerlogger, only a software change to make the SD2 chip work properly.
But yes, you can upgrade to that software though.

So for the Ideal setup would you need 3Bar MAP, power logger, SD chip, No MAF, Wideband O2 Sensor (Which one),Scan Master, and a windows laptop. did I miss anything.

Bare bones would be Powerlogger, SD2 chip, 3-Bar MAP, and laptop to tune with.

However, I wouldn't try to tune it without a wideband (not impossible though). There are many good widebands these days, but I've had good luck with PLX, AEM, and NGK. If using leaded race fuel, I would use the NGK Powerdex, as it comes with an NTK sensor that seems to handle lead better (more expensive though), and lasts longer in general.

Many people already have 3-Bar MAP sensors these days from the alky kits, so you can tap into that one if you have it.

A Scanmaster is not required, but could be helpful.

Another question would be is there any plans on a bundle special on both powerlogger and the new chip if bought together.

Just ordered mine!
Now who has a good MAFless air intake??

I made mine out of a 45* coupler to a 45* aluminum pipe.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1372882629.377765.jpg

Just ordered mine!
Now who has a good MAFless air intake??

You can go a couple ways. Unplug the maf sensor and leave it and the air filter in place. Or.... remove the maf and connect the air filter directly to the pipe you have.

Got my chip in, and fired the car. :D Got some minor tuning to do at idle, but will have to wait for the weather to clear to get outside with some idle time.

Got my chip in, and fired the car.
Man that is fast shipping on your chip , went on sale last nite at about 9:30 and today already in ? hope mine will be here tomorrow , wait a minute mail will not run so Friday ?

Nice job on bringing this product online....I am sure it took a lot of work....

So, the special price goes to the end of July? Wouldn't you know I just bought a new LS maf...