New Regal T?

slimm

Saw a couple beautiful turbo cars a few months back but forgot to take pictures. I saw this today. This is not a GS, but a T?

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Looks Great

:p
Saw a couple beautiful turbo cars a few months back but forgot to take pictures. I saw this today. This is not a GS, but a T?

I like that very much. I would like to put those T emblems on my car. Since you are right there can you load that up for me??:p

These are coming out in a couple weeks.
~220HP 2.0 Ecotech motor with good torque.

FULL VIDEO: Speeds Test Drive 2011 Buick Regal Turbo - GM Inside News Forum

This motor should be able to take the gm
stage package that give you around 290hp and 340tq.

19212670 | LNF Turbo Upgrade Kit | GM Parts House

This are nice cars, but haters will always hate.

Let me be the first to "hate". Wrong wheel drive? AWD? four doors?

I won't buy without it being a coupe, rear wheel drive and a decent size trunk. Keep trying govt motors.

Rich,

The standard Regal and the base turbo model are FWD.
The GS will be AWD and the may offer the AWD on other flavors
once the production moves to Oshawa. Right now they are importing
units from Germany (Opel).

Sweet!!! Sounds like a good replacement for my Acura TL in a few years. I've never understood the people that hate on the evolution of cars. If GM built a 2 door 400hp RWD car and then called it the GN, people would bitch about how its not the original or its a rip off of the old ones.

Take the 04-06 GTO....there are still people out there who won't take those as a "real" GTO, even though they are faster, more nimble, safer, have way better driver/passenger comfort and technology than any GTO before ever had. Plenty of people still complain about the stuff that any manufacturer puts out if it isn't exactly what they want.

funny though....I never hear C6 Vette owners pissing and moaning about how much they want anything from the 70's or 80's back, they take their 500+ HP rides off the showroom floor and go have fun with it. If you want a true Grand National, then go buy one in the for sale section.....

T3,

Excellent post I agreed 100%.
They are targeting the Acuras with this car.

In 2 years when my lease on my V6 Altima is up I'll be looking real close at this one. Looks right up my alley.

I am VERY impressed with this car! We will be in the market next summer, and my wife (whose car it will be) loves it almost as much as I do.

As long as it is not too expensive, and drives as good as it looks, done deal!

If it wasn't in the 29-30k range, I would be all over it. I think it is really nice looking, and with the turbo motor, its kind of like a TR. It may not look like one, but its certainly has the family resemblance. Like father, like son (just a little better and more efficient).

NEVER, I MEAN NEEEEEVER COMPARE this car to a Grand National....Please....... Some where along the way you ALL, are re-defining the true meaning of muscle car..... RWD ALLLLLLLLL the way baby. Don't loose you site baby....YEAH!

it is a beautiful car. but it is wrong wheel drive and GM needs to get back to the drawing board and start having people who actually turned wrenchs for living design a car, not some bean counter in a back room in detroit who never changed a spare in his life.

The GTO failed because it looked like an acura with pontiac badges and a V8 wedged in there

GM tried to make BMW owners come to pontiac while pissing off loyal customers.

I won't buy without it being a coupe, rear wheel drive and a decent size trunk. Keep trying govt motors.

X2 X3 X4 What a piece of crapolla:smile: What happen to you die hards? Screw Stars Wars.... Are you out of your dag gone minds? :) Think about it, don't just go with the the flow!

it is a beautiful car. but it is wrong wheel drive and GM needs to get back to the drawing board and start having people who actually turned wrenchs for living design a car, not some bean counter in a back room in detroit who never changed a spare in his life.

The GTO failed because it looked like an acura with pontiac badges and a V8 wedged in there

GM tried to make BMW owners come to pontiac while pissing off loyal customers.

I Agree, But, you have to admit, the G8 is a BAD Biach with modz. Why wouldn't the beemer, nutt huggers come. One ride in the G8 is all it would take.... lol You gotta love followers, it's just like religion, it's all how you where brought up. Your not smart enough to think on your own. Hope i didn't offrnd anyone.... o well, FREEDOM of speech. Ohhh, remember 9-11

I Agree, But, you have to admit, the G8 is a BAD Biach with modz. Why wouldn't the beemer, nutt huggers come. One ride in the G8 is all it would take.... lol You gotta love followers, it's just like religion, it's all how you where brought up. Your not smart enough to think on your own. Hope i didn't offrnd anyone.... o well, FREEDOM of speech. Ohhh, remember 9-11

yes, but it was an insult to change the name of the grand prix to a G8 and grand am to G6.

they lost their indentity and customers to be politically correct

th GXPs are nice but are WWD :tongue:

my Indian will live in Infamy as the Knight Rider

Well some people are stuck in the 80s.:rolleyes:
For me this car offers many things I want. 4 doors so I can carry the elders, good power with reasonable gas mileage, excellent handling and fit and finish. If I wanted an 80s style performance car, I'ld find something with crappy paint, bad dash gauges, bad brakes, bad seats, bad stereo, bad handling and rattles. Ya the 3.8 can be modified to produce gobs of power, I definately enjoy that. I just don't want that for a daily driver. Do I consider this version of the Regal a "GN"? No but in the realm of todays cars it seems like nice choice for the price. I test drove the G8 and was impressed. I didn't like the size though. I prefer the next size down from that. I have no issue with FWD in a daily driver, actually it's better for the snow we get here. If I wanted something brand new that was just a summer toy it would be a Z06 which I can't afford.

Well some people are stuck in the 80s.:rolleyes:
For me this car offers many things I want. 4 doors so I can carry the elders, good power with reasonable gas mileage, excellent handling and fit and finish. If I wanted an 80s style performance car, I'ld find something with crappy paint, bad dash gauges, bad brakes and handling. Ya the 3.8 can be modified to produce gobs of power, I definately enjoy that. I just don't want that for a daily driver. Do I consider this version of the Regal a "GN"? No but in the realm of todays cars it seems like nice choice for the price. I test drove the G8 and was impressed. I didn't like the size though. I prefer the next size down from that. I have no issue with FWD in a daily driver, actually it's better for the snow we get here. If I wanted something brand new that was just a summer toy it would be a Z06 which I can't afford.

the dodge charger has 4 doors but the best part is that is rear wheel drive and it is pretty roomy

yes, but it was an insult to change the name of the grand prix to a G8 and grand am to G6.

they lost their indentity and customers to be politically correct

th GXPs are nice but are WWD :tongue:

my Indian will live in Infamy as the Knight Rider

They didn't change the name to be politically correct....they were completely different cars. Grand Am and G6 existed together for 2005, as did the Grand Prix and G8 for 2008 and 2009.

Have you driven a newer Charger recently? There are very few good parts about it. Being RWD doesn't automatically make it a good vehicle...remember the Fiero?

plus 1 more
funny though....I never hear C6 Vette owners pissing and moaning about how much they want anything from the 70's or 80's back, they take their 500+ HP rides off the showroom floor and go have fun with it. If you want a true Grand National, then go buy one in the for sale section.....
the Vette guys are still getting REAL Vettes. not water down garbage.

the G8 IS a bad MOFO.