New Record THS at Reynolds, GA Nov 6, 2010

V6RACER

The true 8 Second 109!
Congrats Sean Hayes for setting another record in the THS class at Reynolds, GA. He was the #1 qualifyer at 9.85 then after Jeff Roddick went a 9.84 he went back down the track and put down a 9.80. :eek:

That car flat works for a iron head small cam stock stroke engine! Your hard work is paying off!

First 9 second pass in THS (9.90 at the GSCA Nationals)
Record Holder in THS (9.80 at the Southern Buick Shootout)

Something to add to your signature! Got a few months to get those other two tenths :wink:

Congrats Sean!

I had an opportunity to meet Sean and his brother Mike at Reynolds. Class acts. Way to go Sean. You really got that missle flying.

congrats 9.80 !!

Sean congrats. That is impressive!
What mph did you have on that run and what turbo are you running?
Sounds like I have a lot of work to do before we meet up again;-)

Again a good run to finish off the season!

Clay

THS was definitly exciting. I want to thank Sean Hayes, Jeff Rodick, JD Dilorenzo, John Snyder, David Leonhart, and Jim Bennett for participating in the class.
Round 1 of qualifying: Jeff Rodick and Sean Hayes both running 9.93's for the top spot. I think Sean had him by .002
Round 2 of qualifying: Sean took the #1 spot with a class record 9.85
Round 3 of qualifying: Jeff beat the record with a 9.849 to take the #1 spot forcing Sean to turn it up harder and taking the recoed back with a 9.801. JD also ran a personal best of 10.179. John Snyder was sneaking up on his first 9 second pass, but ended up with a 10.34 in qualifying

Final qualifying ladder was:
1. Sean Hayes 9.801@136.66
2. Jeff Rodick 9.849@136.00
3. JD Dilorenzo 10.179@133.96
4. John Snyder 10.340@135.18
5. Dave Leonhart 11.773@117.38
6. Jim Bennett 13.006@102.96

First Round:
Jeff Rodick ran another 9 second pass with a 9.878 beating Dave Leonhart's 11.725
Sean Hayes ran a 10.769 besting Jim Bennett's 13.066
John Snyder ALMOST ran a 9 when he turned the wick up and ran a 10.094 after JD broke his driveshaft

Second Round:
Sean Hayes had a Bye and ran a 14.813 saving the car for the Finals
In what turned out to be the closest race of the class, John Snyder got off the line first and ran his first 9 second pass with a 9.980 beating a Jeff Rodick's 9.914 on a holeshot win

Finals:
Sean got out on John and ran a 9.963 to John's coasting 13.325

It needs to be noted that Jeff and Sean ran all their pases in the 9's
Also John Snyder needs to be congratulated for running his first 9 second pass and is only the 3rd guy to do officially do it.

Thanks to all those who braved the elements and made the trip. Can't wait for next year.

that a great class.. them boy's were having some fun.:) myself had a awsome time .thanx CAL for agreat time . I know were I'm going next year..;);) NO GS NAT for me..

BIG CONGRATS SEAN!!!

Congrats to Sean he has been waiting a while for everything to come together and it has. 9.801 @ 136.66 is flying for such a mild setup.

Thanks for everyones remarks. A lot of time was spent in the car. I only ran it as hard as I had to. Jeff made me step it up and I wasnt going to make the same mistake I did two week before by laying back to far. Rookie mistake saving the car.

It was a great event. Thanks to Cal and Holly for putting on the event. I wouldnt have missed it.

I have a lot of good friends that I have learned a lot from in the past couple of years. The proof is in the pudding (so to speak).

CONGRAT'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all that where able to make the race!!!!!

Alot of Personal Best's where run here and that's because of the GREAT weather and GREAT TRACK conditions!!!

I want to thank Cal and Holly for putting on ONE OF THE BEST EVENTS!!!

This event may not have HUGE car count but IT SHOULD!!!!!!!!!

No other event has set more RECORDS THEN THIS ONE!!!!!!

Can't wait till next year no matter WHEN IT IS!!!!! thanks JD

First time I've been called a mistake.
My car was hurt and I didn't even come close to layin into her fyi and I didn't even leave hard. I did not expect to win and again after all the issues just didn't want to do more damage.

You ran a 9 second pass on me. Not sure why you had to say it the way you did.
I've made nothing but msitakes with my car and I am more rookie than you but I haven't been bringing it up until now.
I don't think you meant it this way so no hard feelings now but when u say "real test" and "mistake" probably doesnt sound bad in person but online or email its easy to come across offensive.

First time I've been called a mistake.
My car was hurt and I didn't even come close to layin into her fyi and I didn't even leave hard. I did not expect to win and again after all the issues just didn't want to do more damage.

You ran a 9 second pass on me. Not sure why you had to say it the way you did.
I've made nothing but msitakes with my car and I am more rookie than you but I haven't been bringing it up until now.
I don't think you meant it this way so no hard feelings now but when u say "real test" and "mistake" probably doesnt sound bad in person but online or email its easy to come across offensive.

Clay, I was referring to myself not running my car harder as a rookie mistake. Not you. Anytime you have a 17 car field with 15 cars within .5 of each other it is a test to driver and machine in any field. Your car not hurt had me covered. No worries man. People are going to get offended if they want to no matter what I say. Thats the funny thing about perception. It is the person readings frame of mind that derives the meaning of what they read which reflects on them. Not me. There are alot quicker THS cars to take the cake next year.

No worries....

Congrats Sean on the win and congrats to all the other THS racers.Wish I could have raced with you guys but had work obligations
DDay