New Project...The Turd...Converting the VIN A to EFI and Adding N2O

Kevin87TurboT

How many can I own??
Since my last car was stolen 3 weeks ago, I've had to work on another project to keep me going.
Here's my thread on the old car.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/lsx-tech/300350-limited-6l-ls-conversion.html

Here's what I have up my sleeve for my 85 Regal. It's a stock 85 Limited with the powerhouse VIN A 110hp 3.8 liters of fury. I bought it a year and a half ago. It started life as brown exterior/tan interior car. See the pic below.
Turd.jpg

My Brother-In-Law needed some work to do at the time I got the car, so I brought the car to him and he changed out the deck lid, fitted the new bumper fillers, and got all of the parking lot dings out of it, then shot it with primer.
After that, I drove it to my paint/body guy. He took a little over a year to paint it and jamb the doors. Ironically, he finished the paint on the same day that my other car was stolen. Unfortunately, he lost the trunk key and was unable to jamb the trunk or even paint the rear bumper fillers...which were in the trunk. It would no longer run either. I picked it up on Sept 10 and brought it to my shop to start on transforming the Turd.
Turd4.jpg

After rebuilding the Dual Jet carb, it fired up and ran for the first time in a year. I removed the rear seat and crawled into the trunk far enough to open it. It was the perfect opportunity to install a trunk release solenoid. That fixes the lack of a key for now. I also blacked out the grill, and headlight bezels, and jambed the trunk. The wire wheels also had to go. Here's how it sits now.
Turd19.jpg

Turd20.jpg

Even though I have a couple of LS engines sitting in the corner, I'm going to keep this one Buick powered for now. My plans for now are to install a 3.73 gear and a 4L60E transmission in it that I have from another project. I'm also going to convert the ol VIN A to EFI and add a little nitrous to it. I'll control it with an XFI 2.0 box.
I've built a throttle body adapter/spacer/nitrous plate to adapt a throttle body from an early 90's TBI Chevy truck. Here's my spacer that I've nearly finished.
Spacer2.jpg

spacer1.jpg

throttlebody.jpg

zex.jpg

Have any of you ever sprayed a VIN A engine? I wonder how much it will handle? I plan on starting with a 100 shot and working my way up from there. Anybody want to see if it will handle a 200 shot? :eek: I still have another VIN A in the corner if I hurt this one, so I'm not too concerned about spraying it too hard. For step 2, it will have boost, so stay tuned. It's going to be a fun project! :D