New Porportioning valve

f117v6

Where should i buy a new brass brake proportioning valve from? I switched my proportioning valve to brass and the last two years in the spring i have a leak out of the end under the rubber cap.The valves i bought came from our vendors on this site ,,i assume they all come from one manufacturer. I know it is not the vendors fault, at this point its not the money and the valve is one of the easier things to replace .It is the time i want a reliable valve so i dont have to check every drive, and keep wondering if another new valve will last 3 months 6 months. Looking for some help so i dont have to change the valve in between oil changes :(. Thanks

I'd think its a safe bet all come from one source and more than likely made over seas where quality can can be iffy...again not the fault of the vendor....heck if that was the case we all wold be screaming about having issues with the pm brake unit that Buick used on the cars.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I got a chance to do a Web search ,about these brass proportioning valves yikes.I was on tri five and a few more forums apparently these valves are leaking everywhere, and not new some posts are two years old.They are a standard front disc rear drum proportioning valve for many GM models. I would think this problem would be addressed and corrected by the manufacturers do to the importance of this valve ,for safety . Currently looking into other options.

Did you ever find a resolution to the leaking proportioning valve? I’m going through the same thing right now wondering if you found a fix?

I found a willwood replacement for it from jegs ,,don't remember the part number but it was a direct replacement . I have not had any problems since.

Appreciate the response. I pulled off the rubber cap and found the corners rounded off on the brass nut so it’s not the first time it’s caused a problem. I suspect the hydro boost brake system creates a lot of extra pressure than the stock proportion valve can handle.

I do not have any scientific proof to back it up but you may be on to something there because I have a hydro boost system as well. I did a lot of research when I was having problems with the brass ones I looked on several forums from the Chevrolet forum to the tri 5, camaro forums they were all having problems with those junk brass ones . After the third brand new one leaked I knew It was time to change direction and find a different way. Yes it is always leaking out under that cap, not the tapped hose conections it stinks because the stock location on our cars doesn't make it easy to check and change .drive jack car up check repeat. I hope this helps out some I wasted a whole summer not driving the car sorting this out.If you can't find the willwood part message again and I can dig through my records and find it.

Yep, found and ordered the Wilwood valve. Hopefully not changing it more than once with all the brake bleeding that’s required. thanks again.

That's aluminum. Maybe that's better than the brass?

I just went through this.... Hopefully my second brass one lives. If it fails again, going this route.

Older thread but just to save someone time, forget about this, you need 3 outlets and this is only 2.
Although they claim it's for an 87.
Huh??

Inlet Quantity:
Inlet Attachment:
Female threads
Brake Line Inlet Size:
1/2 in.-20 inverted flare
Brake Line Inlet Size 2:
7/16 in.-24 inverted flare
Outlet Quantity:
Outlet Attachment:
Female threads
Brake Line Outlet Size:
3/8 in.-24 inverted flare
Brake Line Outlet Size 2:
9/16 in.-18 inverted flare
Connector For Warning Light:
Yes

Huh??

Inlet Quantity:
Inlet Attachment:
Female threads
Brake Line Inlet Size:
1/2 in.-20 inverted flare
Brake Line Inlet Size 2:
7/16 in.-24 inverted flare
Outlet Quantity:
Outlet Attachment:
Female threads
Brake Line Outlet Size:
3/8 in.-24 inverted flare
Brake Line Outlet Size 2:
9/16 in.-18 inverted flare
Connector For Warning Light:
Yes

I just had to replace mine last week, put the second PV2 on it about four years ago and it started leaking. The one before that lasted
for years. With all the complaints on them I wanted to get one not made by chinese child labor and the Wilwood was "supposed" to be U.S.A. made.
So ordered it from Summit, when it arrived no joy, 2 inlets and 2 outlets. The one outlet for the front brakes at the angled piece just above the rubber seal was blank.
Summit great though, sorry that it didn't work since the description said it would. Sent the new one out same day and it was fine. Now to get more then a few years out of it.
I believe the Wilwood one was for conversion to rear discs.

1687900346095.png

works gudt
no issue
mounts stock location
adjust bias if need