New personal best - Gabby Rojas PBIR

There was a track rental yesterday at the nearest 1/4 mile track (pbir) and he ran the fastest so far with hot weather.

For those that don't know the mods on the car-
- 109 (stock crank)
- champion aluminum heads
-precision 71 billet (38psi)
- e85 with stock ECM
- no n2o on any passes

Impressive. Big balls running that amount of boost on a stock crank. Gabby and friends have been doing that for a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time though. Not uncharted territory to those guys and they obviously have it figured out.

I just like to c a stock block hitting deep 9s gives me hope. Wonder what he does to keep the heads from lifting off the block

I just like to c a stock block hitting deep 9s gives me hope. Wonder what he does to keep the heads from lifting off the block
Jason White runs 8.70's on a stock block...run after run. It is a very impressive car. He runs TSM at the buick events

Bryan

Yea seen a few do it, but with 8 bolt heads. I want to know the trick to keep the heads from lifting.

Yea seen a few do it, but with 8 bolt heads. I want to know the trick to keep the heads from lifting.
As far as I remember, Jason runs 8 bolts
Its all in tuning and having a track close to you. I wish i had the tuning ability, I have a track within 45 min, but no cage.

Bryan

Yea tuning is a big factor in it all.

Speaking of cranks, we have a 030/030 cut stock crank on my motor. And no one problem yet with the fastest time 6.40 @ 109mph. He did my motor, and I tend to drive it on the street more than gabby drives his. Not one problem to date.

car is moving.im curous does the motor have a girdle?billet caps?and what size cam?38 psi is alot of boost.

I assume this is a stripped down car... not a full weight "street car" with all the proper safety equipment?

I assume this is a stripped down car... not a full weight "street car" with all the proper safety equipment?
Yes, the car has a roll bar, radio, A/C still there too. He is in Florida and it is a street car. I talk to him on a regular basis and he drives the car to the 1/8th mile track near him at least twice a month, sometimes more. Plenty of blasts on that car. 8 head studs, girdle on the block and he assembled it. Transmission also which is an overdrive without the bullet drum. Any lightweight parts you see can be offset by something else and Gabby himself is over 230lbs easy. Also this is a first gen billet 71 Gtq. Not the new cea 71 hpq you see the TSM cars using. Brian" phone guy" is correct. It's the tuning skill, not just the combination of parts. Most of us have better or more expensive builds than him and are still slower. I am included in that bunch, however I have picked up a whole second taking his advice and will gain more this spring from some more tips, testing, and tuning.He reads the board but won't post because he does not want to deal with the negagativity displayed on the board at times. For example, the myths on e-85, the frowning on builds with a stock crank, the mentality that "chip" cars aren't safe/fast. He was going 5.9x on ported irons and race fuel years ago. Gabby says he's feels the car has more left in it. I believe it does so stay tuned...

Sorry for the long winded reply, but I rubs me the wrong way when people make assumptions than lean towards implicating someone is taking the "easy way out".

He reads the board but won't post because he does not want to deal with the negagativity displayed on the board at times. For example, the myths on e-85, the frowning on builds with a stock crank, the mentality that "chip" cars aren't safe/fast. He was going 5.9x on ported irons and race fuel years ago. Gabby says he's feels the car has more left in it. I believe it does so stay tuned...

Sorry for the long winded reply, but I rubs me the wrong way when people make assumptions than lean towards implicating someone is taking the "easy way out".

I so agree with this... nothing about going that fast is easy. Lots of time involved in making a combo work and everyone on the outside thinks it's easy or it just takes money etc etc.. Most don't believe that my combo has been the same for almost 7 yrs and most of the ET gains are in tuning the chassis and power mgmt, not adding $$.

I so agree with this... nothing about going that fast is easy. Lots of time involved in making a combo work and everyone on the outside thinks it's easy or it just takes money etc etc.. Most don't believe that my combo has been the same for almost 7 yrs and most of the ET gains are in tuning the chassis and power mgmt, not adding $$.

I didn't want to throw names around but you're one of the ones I see "heckeled" (to keep my wording forum friendly) here. I looked your car over top to bottom at a Midwest Challenge one year. You sat there eating and let me look everywhere, no problems and offered to answer any questions I had. I believe you blew a tire on the way home that year. Anyway, Gabby watches your progress and predicted you going faster each year back when you were low nines. He has been right every time. Watches John Plogii also and a few others. He too still uses the same shortblock but many would not believe, say it's stipid, blah blah blah. It is what it is.
High 8's on a 67mm turbo, low 9's on E85 and a stock crank, John Plogii. and his Iron headed monster...Getting It Done!

I didn't want to throw names around but you're one of the ones I see "heckeled" (to keep my wording forum friendly) here. I looked your car over top to bottom at a Midwest Challenge one year. You sat there eating and let me look everywhere, no problems and offered to answer any questions I had. I believe you blew a tire on the way home that year. Anyway, Gabby watches your progress and predicted you going faster each year back when you were low nines. He has been right every time. Watches John Plogii also and a few others. He too still uses the same shortblock but many would not believe, say it's stipid, blah blah blah. It is what it is.
High 8's on a 67mm turbo, low 9's on E85 and a stock crank, John Plogii. and his Iron headed monster...Getting It Done!

I agree with and admire the guys in this list at the end and Gabby, and anyone else getting it done with less. Thanks for doing what you do and passing what info you do down to us non-innovative guys.;) I appreciate it at least and it keeps me driven to my goals.