New pb for the DD. My stock Gtp goes 14.3@97.4

Onalky87

With a horrible 2.25 60'!!! Stock with hot air intake. And the 1-2 shift rpm was raised from 5500 to 6000

It's the 2nd fastest Stock Gtp on dragtimes.com and prob inthe top25 all time for a Stock car With a better 60' like a 2.1 or even a 2.0 the car could be one of the few fastest ever!!!

Very good mph. I had a 99 GTP, and a friend of mine had a 98. The 97's and 98's had a more restrictive air box. When stock mine went 14.18, and his went 14.20. 60's were in the 1.9's to 2.0's. Launching those cars with street tires is an art. I would powerbrake 2 to 3 lbs boost, let the car roll out, the slowly hit it. You have to take the shock out of the hit, which causes the weight to transfer to the rear. I also put the passenger seat all the way forward, and my seat as far forward as I could handle it. Heat the tires up some, and let the tires grab the stickiness from the track on the way up, no dry hops. I never messed with shift points. I love driving those cars, the instant torque is awesome. I had the engine cover removed, and the driver's side headlight removed to allow cold air to the airbox.

I need better tires. A low 2.0 high 1.9 60' would put me 13.9. If I have extra Money this winter I'm Gunna go headers, catback, 3.4 pulley and try for a 13.4

Do headers, downpipe, and exhaust. I put a 3.25 pulley on mine. The headers and DP will lower the boost, but it will still be making more power. The smaller pulley will bring the boost back up. The challenge is the smaller pulley makes way more torque than HP, so launching is even harder.

Your mph will go 13's no problem, and with traction it will 60' to ET very well for the MPH. These cars are torque monsters.

All my friends with 3.4 setup have the same tune basic tune However a 3.25 pulley sounds reallll good haha And they all went from 14.9 stock to 13.9@98.8 with a 2.0 60' modded. On a cold day my car will spike 9.9psi at the top of 2nd