New owner first time here question

Just bought my first T Type a modified 86 waited for years to find the right car. All I can say is I'm in love with this car I have owned a lot of quick cars over the years but this thing puts a huge smile on my face every time I get in it. I do have a question though it seems it is over boosting sometimes jumps up to 20psi then surges if you stay on the gas. it has te 44 3inch down pipe 36lb injectors and chip 3in up and maf pipes no cat adj fuel regulator. how do I figure out whats causing it ?? TIA

What type of boost controller? Check the vacuum lines going to it. Stop running it at 20psi and staying in it. The surge is probably severe detonation. Does this car have alky? If not, you can't run that much boost without a SUPER tune or E85.

Update your sig so others can help more.

No alky and no boost control vacuum lines are all good I don't stay in it when it jumps up to 20 but that is what it did the first time it did it and thats what I thought the surging was also major knock an the the ecu cutting timing . I was also told I might have to port the waste gate hole on the down pipe??? cant get out fast enough??

No alky and no boost control vacuum lines are all good I don't stay in it when it jumps up to 20 but that is what it did the first time it did it and thats what I thought the surging was also major knock an the the ecu cutting timing . I was also told I might have to port the waste gate hole on the down pipe??? cant get out fast enough??

You have to have something controlling the boost. Figure that out first. And yes, you may have to port the wastegate hole inside the downpipe on the exhaust side of the turbo.

Do you have a scanmaster? If you hit 20psi on pump gas you're asking for trouble.

I'd do the spring cleaning first and get a scanmaster at a minimum the check the car out. READ READ AND READ! These are awesome cars and with a little bit of knowledge you can go far with a mild set up like yours.

Do you have a scanmaster? If you hit 20psi on pump gas you're asking for trouble.

I'd do the spring cleaning first and get a scanmaster at a minimum the check the car out. READ READ AND READ! These are awesome cars and with a little bit of knowledge you can go far with a mild set up like yours.
I was going to order it tonight I was a Tuned Port tuner back in the day and BMW tech for years now but have not touched a Buick since my brother inlaw had one in the early 90's and he had his tuned by a shop in PA we just did the basic bolt on's. I was thinking of ordering the RJC plate are they worth it do they work??

Search function is your friend.

Personally, I run a power plate on my car. Also I'd recommend a boost controller from them if you don't already have one.

I just went through all the paper work I got with the car and here is what it has all was done at a shop in PA Injection Connection
TE 44 with 63 hot side
255 pump
37lb injectors and chip
160 thermostat
3" stainless Houston down pipe
3" up and maf pipes
Beehive valve springs?? new keepers and retainers
2 1/2 supercomp exhaust with dump
adj fuel reg
fully work trans with 12" 2800 stall
I dont see anything about a boost controller
and I have a dyno sheet it reads
Dump closed 308hp at 4900 rpm and 434 torque at 3600rpm
Dump open 313hp at 4900 rpm and 429 torque at 3600 rpm at wheels

If you are close to Injection Connection, you should take the car there and let them help you get acquainted with the car, and find out what is the issue.

Dale and his guys are very knowledgeable about GN's, and he will treat you right! :)

I have dealt with them for years, and am currently building a complete engine for one of his GN customers.

If you are close to Injection Connection, you should take the car there and let them help you get acquainted with the car, and find out what is the issue.

Dale and his guys are very knowledgeable about GN's, and he will treat you right! :)

I have dealt with them for years, and am currently building a complete engine for one of his GN customers.
Thanks Nick I was planing to give them a call glad to hear there good people Pete

Where are you located cause there's probably people not too far from you that might be willing to come take a look to give you a better idea.

Pete Revenidis said:
In central nj

I don't know inside of engines much but am fairly familiar with the basics and help you out a little bit. Im in north jersey, Passaic county.

What county are ya in?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Here are the pictures
2013-04-02_19-41-59_297.jpg
2013-04-02_19-41-59_297.jpg
2013-04-02_19-42-07_487.jpg
2013-04-02_19-42-14_318.jpg
2013-04-02_19-42-34_790.jpg