New MSD DIS4-compatability???

Summit racing says no longer available. What's up? I need to get a new one and put the old one on Ebay. I've been adding grounds and it seems to have fixed the "false rev limiter" , but I do get a flutter every once in awhile when the MSD box is hooked up. Still not sure the cause, but I am always ready to upgrade.

Greg Kring

Originally posted by summit
Summit racing says no longer available. What's up? I need to get a new one and put the old one on Ebay. I've been adding grounds and it seems to have fixed the "false rev limiter" , but I do get a flutter every once in awhile when the MSD box is hooked up. Still not sure the cause, but I am always ready to upgrade.

Greg Kring

NLA.... that does not sound right?

Greg,
The new box has a different part number . It's a 62153 for the HO box. I'm not sure if they're available yet.

MSD says apx. 3 weeks before the new boxes are available.
I am waiting to hear back from management on a more definite answer.

Like I posted in August on this same thread, I have one installed without any issues.

SO far my old style one is holding up with no issues.
Try bypassing it to see if there is any diffference, any the a/f
pegged rich at full throttle,Wasnt gonna retune without it,Will deal with that when the time comes

Looks like they are available again. I think I'll try to order one tomorrow. Cal, have you had any luck using the retard on a convertor car to try and stage boost better? We've played with it a little and though it doesn't work near as good as a clutch car, it does seem to help. This was on a 91mm 4.1 Buick with a tight convertor we were having spooling issues with. This was just retarding on the Fel-Pro at the 2 step limit on the map, I would think a switch would work better.

Greg Kring
Arlington, texas
9.05 @ 150

Ive gotten great spoolup by tuning the bottom end for the most tprque,I have a tihgt convertor that will flash to 3000 and spool mt GTS 76 with .96 housing in 3 sec to 20#s.
Just adding what i found to help

I have one of the new ones, DIS-4 Plus with the step retard. It has worked flawless so far. I have it wired to the trans brake. I have tried with 3 degrees retart while on the brake. Didnt notice much difference in the spool with 3 degrees. What you guys running? The full 9.9?

Ive found my best spoolup by not retarding any timing at all.
I concentrate on tuning for max engine torque before boost, which gave me about 800 more rpm flash stall.
I can now spool the GTS76 with a .96 housing in 3.2 sec to 20#s(my launch boost)and the convertor slippage is only 6.1% up top
shifting at 6800

Originally posted by lazaris
I have one of the new ones, DIS-4 Plus with the step retard. It has worked flawless so far. I have it wired to the trans brake. I have tried with 3 degrees retart while on the brake. Didnt notice much difference in the spool with 3 degrees. What you guys running? The full 9.9?

Are you just pulling timing on the brake, or are you on the 2-step as well?

I have a stick shift car, but retarding timing while on the 2 step drastically reduced spool time. (I have a Dig-6 and pull all 9.9 plus some more through the FAST)

Originally posted by INTMD8
Are you just pulling timing on the brake, or are you on the 2-step as well?

I have a stick shift car, but retarding timing while on the 2 step drastically reduced spool time. (I have a Dig-6 and pull all 9.9 plus some more through the FAST)

Im pulling it on the brake which is tied to the 2 step. When it reaches the 2 step rpm I let the button go.